Has anyone noticed this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i lately notice stress cracks on LX headlight. i have retrofitted xenon light with 55w (2 years ago) and i have clear vinyl protection,1 year (stone chips and sand). i know the cracks are not from outside.
reading through this, some people says from the vinyl others without.

has anyone experienced this? would wetsanding from inside help? causes?

pix below is similar to the problem i am experiencing

upload_2016-5-24_11-35-55.png

upload_2016-5-24_11-34-18.png

My OEM lenses look like that:

Not the best pic but there are cracks. I am guessing from sun/heat, although I suspect the PO garaged this thing most of its life.

Looking into replacements. I was hoping there would be some decent aftermarket units but so far not much. OEM is about 400/side.

My OEM lenses look like that:

Not the best pic but there are cracks. I am guessing from sun/heat, although I suspect the PO garaged this thing most of its life.

Looking into replacements. I was hoping there would be some decent aftermarket units but so far not much. OEM is about 400/side.
yes its like that and if you turn on the light at night, u will see it clearly specially where the light goes thru the lens.

I miss glass headlights. My 98 4Runner has glass lenses. That, coupled with a TRS Retrofit Projector kit gives some of the best output I've ever seen, especially at the price.

I was really hoping Depo would make some aftermarket replacement housings for the LX. Then it would be easy to swap in some better projectors and HID lights. They make the ones I used on my 4Runner and the quality is darn good, especially for less than $50/housing.

Interesting about the glass. Looks like the earlier housings are about $50 more than the later model headlights. 100 bucks is completely worth having glass lenses.

Are the 98-02 LX glass housings a direct replacement for the later 03-07 plastic housings? is there any trim pieces to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom