Harlan KY 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since there is not a thread for this trip, just ramblings in other threads....

When, who, where (camp), how?

Ive never been to Harlan/Black Mountain/whatever... So someone more smarter than I on the topic should chime in.

But first of all, when is this trip, I want to make sure I don't ginger Jenn again.

( . Y .) -- ---- ---- C=====3

....just trying out new a sig.

Love the boobies, but don't get the rest.
If it somehow signifies pussy, like I said I don't get it!

Easter weekend, April ?-5th.

I would only be taking off Friday the 3rd and hopefully be arriving that morning and leaving Sunday the 5th.
Tent camping or there are small cabins for rent on sight.
http://www.harlancountycampground.com/Harlan-County-Campgrounds-Cabins.php
Cabins are a short walk from the shower house and bathrooms.
Tent camping areas are cool as hell.
This is on the Putney, KY side.

I plan on going, probibly doing the Friday to Sunday thing as well, but then again i haven't really thought about it.

Putney side is where its at, some people will say to stay on the evarts side but its too "city" over thar!

I think its a dry county so you have to haul in your own booze.

The park is fxxxin huge, and all we did was drive around, get lost, spotted bill so poorly that he flopped, and got lost some more so good times!!

That falls on a "not my weekend off weekend" but I can give it a shot.
Friday April 3 to Sunday the 5th?
Confirmation please!

Yes, Friday April 3rd through Sunday April 5th.

Yes 3-5, I will leave after work on Thursday, getting to the campground around 11pm. Leave Sunday. It is at least 20 miles or more from the interstate to the campground, but it is a good road all the way in. Campground is nice, great private showers a short drive from camp site, and fun drive up the mountain to trail system. The road to the campsite we had was steep but doable even pulling the 40 on the trailer. Great all weather maps for sale at the campground as well as ice. Evan though we left on Easter morning almost all gas stations and fast food spots were open.

Also good cell service in campground and on the trails

I won't be able to make this one, too close to the due date.

Boss Lady stated she would most likely decline my request because of the weekend thing, but no official word yet.

Official word is no.
Someone else in my dept. already has this weekend off.
I'm out!

I'll be a Saturday morning arrival only but I really want to make this trip so one way or another it'll happen.

Soooooo let's bump this back to the top! I'm going to request off Thursday and Monday. Plan is to drive down Thursday and drive home Monday. Aimees 50/50 so if she comes with we will be hoteling it since her back would not.like tent camping with nighttime lows in the 30s. If she can't get off work I'll be camping. Either way I'll be ready to wheel and burn s***/wheel some more at night!!

My plan is to head down Thursday, getting in after dark... and staying as long as possible. Jenn is off the following week and we really don't have plans, but we may stay down in that area....

I won't be there so someone will have to call me on video chat & hang their phone from the rear view mirror. That way it'll seem like I'm riding bitch.

Hmmm... I'll have to see if I can get Monday off. Would there be any interest in getting a cabin? It is much earlier this year and may be quite cold. Would this be better on Aimees back? I don't know about the cabins, but may be worth checking into.

Im in for whatever the group wants. I'm a newb.

If they would allow Stanley we would be interested.

Cabins are not pet friendly so we'll be in the 'burban tent camping.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom