hardtop to body weatherstrip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The CCOT roof seal is a generic piece of rubber and you'll get what you didn't pay for.

As an alternative, the roof seal I introduced at the beginning of this year is an like-for-like replacement for OEM, and customers who have installed it have all affirmed that it fits perfectly.

I wasn't going to announce it until later, but since we're on the topic, I will also be offering the hardtop to body weatherstrip soon, as well as other weatherstripping pieces. Rubber is something we know how to do well, and we have created several products already, such as the air intake hoses, cowl vent gasket and the transfer shift inner boot. The hardtop to body weatherstrip is quite simple by comparison. Save your OEM budget for a nice set of Euro style mirrors rather than a simple piece of rubber that will barely see the light of day.

Please keep us posted when the new top to body

Alright guys, here you go. Reproduction hardtop to body seals:

IMG_6536.JPG
IMG_6539.JPG
IMG_6541.JPG

Just want to point something out. These seals are made to OEM length, which is intended to fit variants of the truck with different wheelbases. Therefore, as with OEM, some length needs to be cut in the case of FJ40.

Is there a list of all the rubber parts that you need to put the rear cab and roof back on?
I want to put the cab and roof back on as when purchased it was a soft top (back cab removed as we do ) and have managed to buy them but have no rubbers.
Any help would be appreciated

Is there a list of all the rubber parts that you need to put the rear cab and roof back on?
I want to put the cab and roof back on as when purchased it was a soft top (back cab removed as we do ) and have managed to buy them but have no rubbers.
Any help would be appreciated

Start here:
FJ40 Weatherstripping guide

There are variations by year, but the key ones are:

Roof gasket: 63168-90307
Front roof seal (over windshield): 63161-60011
Hardtop to tub gasket: 61688-90308 (L) and 61687-90308 (R)
Upper side panel packing (x2): 61534-60011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom