Hard line question(with pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0918.JPG
IMG_0917.JPG
Does anyone offhand know what type of hard line this is above the cat? They're two running in parallel. My exhaust bushing split and apparently the cat was bumping into that line that's crunched a bit .
Thanks

Last edited:
Rear heat?

Yup. Rear heater hard lines.

That's what I thought I was wasn't 100%. Maybe time to get rid of that before it bites me. Thank you guys.

Looks like it might have just gotten pinched a bit. If it doesn't look too bad, I would just clean up the rust and touch it up. Pics showing practically zero rust are depressing.:(

That's what I thought I was wasn't 100%. Maybe time to get rid of that before it bites me. Thank you guys.

I agree. Not big deal if you have planned to baseline your cooling system soon (including the removal/deleting of the rear heater as replacing these lines is real big-time PITA). Not to be dramatic or alarmist, but if I were in your shoes I will take care of this ASAP. If that damaged line burst or open a crack, you may loose all your coolant....at the worst possible time....as per Murphy's low;)

Cheers!

Doesn't look bad, reach up and touch it with some high heat paint; they rust from the outside in when the original paint fails (due to the heat in that area, IMO).

Not difficult to remove the cat heat shields from below while laying on your back to fully inspect that section of rear heater pipes.

I would use the money from whoring out your exhaust bushing and replace the lines with hoses.

A play on your spelling from post #1....................I thought your bushing was whore out.

I spell it "wore" or "worn"......

If one were to keep the rear heater how difficult is replacing the rear heater element/core? does it involve dropping the transmission for a proper install? is there any kind of access from removing the center console?

The heater core is under your passenger seat. Pull the seat and all will be revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom