Harbor freight 9000. lb winch sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No I don't work for them. The 9th lb winch is on sale for like $260. Email coupon through the 22nd. The 12,000 is not on sale as far as I can tell. All of the smaller ones are. The thing is I don't want to blow the money on the 9000 and really need the 12000.Anybody have any experience with the 9000?

I had a couple of hard pulls two weeks ago. No problems with the 9000 on my '40. My .02

This is harbor freight, does it matter whether or not it's on sale. 20% off of cheap is still cheap...

the 12K Harbor Freight winch is periodically on sale for $292

Would this winch be useful on the front or the rear of a 200 series?

Would a 200 series look weird with a $292 (or cheaper-yet) winch?

Does said 200 series have body damage posted in the "Show your body damage "thread? If not, then I don't know.

Aren't Smittybilt winches made in China? People don't seem to trash them as much as HF .

I can't speak to the winches, but there are clearly varying degrees of quality coming out of China. HF-quality is on the high end here. :(

Lots of Warn stuff is hecho en China as well.

I've had two HF 12ks, worth $299 put together.

IIRC, our grandmaster woody was involved in testing the HF winches early on

Engo is also made in China. Yet to pull anything with the 12k though.

i winched an army 6x6 out of its holes with 2 flats and a locked up rear wheel with a hf 9000 double lined and it still works and that was 5 years ago or so

Aren't Smittybilt winches made in China? People don't seem to trash them as much as HF .

If you do a side by side comparison of these winches you will notice several manufactures look nearly identical. There may be some small changes like the control box looks different or maybe the clutch handle but its pretty apparent that many of them come from the same factory.

As for spending the money on the 9000lb, you could just wait, the 12,000lb will be on sale again soon for $299. If you get lucky you can online order it like I did and use an additional 20% off. Ended up getting mine for $253 to the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom