Ham / CB radio mounting FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overalndwerks.com.com
How did you mount your Ham or C.B. radio in the FJ60. I cant seem to find room.
P5311506 small.jpg

In my 62 it hung from the bottom of the dash where you have gauges. In my diesel I stuffed it in the dash where you have that inclinometer. A buddy made a bracket that uses his rear view mirror mount. I have seen the cobra's that have all the controls on the mike.

Lots of options, just pick the one you like the best

Tony

In my 62 it hung from the bottom of the dash where you have gauges. In my diesel I stuffed it in the dash where you have that inclinometer. A buddy made a bracket that uses his rear view mirror mount. I have seen the cobra's that have all the controls on the mike.

Lots of options, just pick the one you like the best

Tony

The inclinometer location seems to be a good one. The one issue I could see is if the radio would get cooled enough during transmissions.

The inclinometer location seems to be a good one. The one issue I could see is if the radio would get cooled enough during transmissions.

From my very basic knowledge of casual enthusiast quality CB's, they don't make enough heat for this to be a concern.

If space is a premium, then I give another vote for a unit with controls on the mic.

Edit: In case the OP wasn't aware, the electronic toys subforum would be a great place to browse through, as well.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/electronic-toys/

I've got mine installed where you have your gauges. The PO put an oil pressure gauge in that spot, too, so I had to move it to install the CB there.

If you've got one of the small radios, you might be able to put it in the ash tray slot. I almost went that route before I changed my mind.

Bolted mine to the back of the console ... Kids like playin with it anyway

Mounted my FT-8800 on a seat-bolt flexi-mount and put the mic on the center console.

ham2.jpg

ham.jpg
ham2.jpg
ham.jpg

I have been thinking of building a metal strip from the rear view mirror bolts to the dome light bolts. Then welding on brackets to attach the CB and overhead things (glasses holder, lights..)

For now the HAM head is on the gadget bar. The CB is mounted to the front slope of the Tuffy. I got one of the old TiltOMeters being sold recently on mud, so no inclinometers (I really liked the Mitsubishi Montero ones though.. the spherical ones).

owyhee-79.JPG

Wow; Specifics please on all that technoloty!

I have been thinking of building a metal strip from the rear view mirror bolts to the dome light bolts. Then welding on brackets to attach the CB and overhead things (glasses holder, lights..)

For now the HAM head is on the gadget bar. The CB is mounted to the front slope of the Tuffy. I got one of the old TiltOMeters being sold recently on mud, so no inclinometers (I really liked the Mitsubishi Montero ones though.. the spherical ones).

owyhee-79.JPG

Please give us specifics on all of your technology! Looks impressive!

Jezus Esh... i thought i was bad.

To help out since i have a good chunk of what he's showing (just not all crammed in my cruiser...) :flipoff2:

L - R:

Far left lower is 2m Ham handheld by Yaesu - looks like VX-6R or VX-7R. I have a 7R and 8R. Great handheld and does more than just 2m btw.

Next looks like the venerable Garmin 60csx GPS handheld - awesome and my favorite for hiking and also use mine paragliding.

Large screen GPS looks like a dedicated Topo unit, but not sure what kind.

Below is his Android phone - G1 maybe.

Last is another Ham radio - remote head unit. Looks like another Yaesu FM-350? (on my wish list... drool)

While slightly overkill IMO - very nice setup to cram that much into so little space.

And if they turn off the satellites, you hope he has a good paper map...

I used a remote control Cobra CB and mounted the control box inside the dash board on the center support. String the control cable down through the bottom of the dash and you're good to go. Mic is mounted on my center console, right by my e-brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom