Half Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So did you ever finish the doors up? What did you do at the hinge?

I haven't gotten a whole lot more done yet. I decided that filling in the gaps and whatnot was a little beyond my ability but I've got a buddy here that does great work, we just haven't had schedules line up to where we can work it out. I've got my rear doors now with me in Idaho so I'll be getting those done for the summer too. Thinking about making some mosquito net window coverings for it them too.

With my hinges I just cut the end off the bottom holes of each hinge so I can unbolt the top ones and then just loosen the bottom ones and slide them off. I'll grab a picture when it's light out if you'd like.

I'm really excited to get all four doors finished out and turd polished!

Would love a pic of the hinge setup.

Okay so the hinge is actually set up opposite from what I'd said. The top hole has the notch cut out which totally makes more sense than the bottom one. Not sure what I was smoking that night but it must've been good haha. :doh:

So anyways here's the pictures

And this one just for fun to show my truck last summer my buddy who does great fab work let me borrow his 35"s for a week or so.

So basically you can loosen the top bolt and slide it up and off. Guessing that makes install easier if you are by yourself.

Exactly that. There's been a time or two where a storm was coming in and I got the two front doors switched out in about 20 or 30 minutes by myself and about 10 when someone else helped me out.

I used to pull my doors off completely in the summer.
I was thinking about drilling out the rivets, and replacing it with a bolt and nut config like they do in Jeeps. You should give that some thought too. It'd take about 2 min to replace the doors.

So i am looking at an old door i have laying around comparing it to your pics. Did you do away with the door handle mechanism on the outside? Another words do you have to reach around to the outside to open the door?

That part

ForumRunner_20140225_102855.jpg

So the way I've got it set up right now is I actually have the insides all exposed but the original door handles are all done away with for the moment. I made them in the summer and didn't take the time to do them right because I got impatient and excited and just threw them together. So the way I open them up is reaching in behind the ammo can where the latch is and I push down on the part of the mechanism that connected to the outside door handle. I'll grab a picture or two tomorrow (today I suppose since it is 1:36 where I'm at.)

When I redo the doors they're going to have the interior door handle somewhere so I can just use that to open it up.

Finally got around to trying this out. I ran out of cut off. Wheel so had to stop. Happy so far. My "help".
1403624248805.jpg

Second cut.
1403624323317.jpg

Very nice! I actually just cut my back two doors up as well finally. Still need to get all of them closed up and safe though.

half doors1.jpg

For the rear doors I've still got the interior mechanism exposed but it's a big jumbled mess of levers so no one takes the time to figure out which one opens the door so they just reach over and use the outside handle. Eventually when I get it all closed off and turd polished I'll have relocate the original inside handle to open everything up with. I'll grab some pictures of the inside as well when I get a chance.

My dad has a brake used for metal trim when doing vinyl siding. I plan on getting some of that and bend it up using the brake. Not sure how i am going to fasten it to the door though. Screws or rivets i guess.

Did not quite get the angle right but the sheet metal i cover it with should cover that up.;)

Meant to share a pic.

1403704851170.jpg

And this is why you must be careful. Door shifted on me and the next thing you know i am fighting the grinder off of me.:eek::eek::eek:

1403709256413.jpg

1403709273254.jpg

That is one of the reasons the disc guard is a good idea, and for disintegrating discs. Not that I would know, first thing I do is remove that pesky guard.

Dang! Glad to see it didn't get you too bad! I'm with GraniteGrinder, the gaurds are great but I always end up taking them off haha. I used a sawzall to do mine which is why the cuts are not straight at all. Plating them up will fix that though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom