Hafc Install Thread! (mpg Increase?!) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do not waste your money. This stuff is not at a point that is worth your time or money!!
their computer system is far too spotty and simply tricks your computer into thinking it needs to run leaner. it does not work reliably. it destroyed my idle and I got no continuing mileage gain. I removed the computer (piggy back) and now its back to normal and runs great again but now I intend to install a megasquirt to control the fuel system while using the fuel heater and hydrogen from the hafc. Ill start a new thread off when this happens.

That took some guts to say after all the flaming you took regarding this. I appreciate you coming back with your final thoughts.

Buck

That took some guts to say after all the flaming you took regarding this. I appreciate you coming back with your final thoughts.

Buck

agreed. :cheers::clap::beer:

Buck

Yes! Blake you are a stand-up guy in my book! :beer::clap::clap::clap: Can't say as much for a certain heckler using a pseudonym to post. When it was clear to be someone from down stairs.

Thanks guys, and no I didn't get my money back, I want to continue using the components they are good but the computer system is the bad part. with the mega squirt I'm going to be targeting an 18:1 A/F ratio so thats gonna either blow up the engine or work ha! so yeah here we go, theres gonna be a delay because im about to get engaged and yeah no more money for a while after that. till my next comisison check

... with the mega squirt I'm going to be targeting an 18:1 A/F ratio

The mega-squirt gets good reviews from guys using it in forced induction SBC applications. There are cottage industries built around doing the custom programming.

-B-

with the mega squirt I'm going to be targeting an 18:1 A/F ratio so thats gonna either blow up the engine or work ha!

From what I've seen/read, the HHO generators cannot produce a steady amount of hydrogen. How are you going to keep the ratio at exactly 18:1, and not drown or starve the engine in hydrogen?

I don't plan on using a brute force method like the kit comes with, I am building a pulse width modulator. look up Stanley meyer-

All of that being said. SS, you've done some real due diligence it sounds like. And fessed up when it all went awry.

You've arrived at the same conclusion I have. The Megasquirt injector is completely tailorable to the engine demands. Here is the big problem. We have to figure out how to run a dual map system. On HHO and off. To eliminate variables I've already reached the conclusion that everday driving or playing on the trails is out of the question with an HHO system until we can figure out how to make it reliable. However, I run a good 600 miles all the time in Trigger (my 80). So, here is what I'm putting together. I've built a small HHO cell. The goal is for it to use at the most 30 amps. I've used a general rule of thumb of 1 horse to 10 Amps and the resuting fuel mileage penalty...anybody got something better for field calculations, I'm game send them to me (you tron gods intruige me). The basic system looks like this. First I have an arm switch in the cabin, then the system will utilize an ignition switch controlled relay for the second arm, then an RPM switch to arm above 2000 RPM. I started to use the cruise control to arm it but......why. Trigger is a 1994 with no lockers, nothing fancy, a set of 185 series tires on the stock rims... If I can get him to pull a 21 foot trailer with around 2000 lbs at 65 MPH @ 10 MPG I will do handstands. Your disadvantage is money (and a woman..take my advice..rent), mine is a place to work so I'll be doing this slow also but when I get some results I'll let you know what I find. Trigger gets between 12 and 13 MPG now running the regular routes (I have a teenage son in high school back home and I'm here working a new project so imagine how many times I've run the route...(just to deliver beatings/talkngs too/philosophical discussions on chicks..you name it) many times so it should provide an outstanding proofing run. he hit 14 one time but I figured that was a bad calculation. If I can get the cell to produce any improvement prior to modifying the injector pulse widths/durations I'll let you know. I'm frightened to death of hooking this thing up right now. I figure to run plain jane injection of the gas first to see what happens. I'll be instrumenting the head with a fore and aft head temp thermocouple and also an EGT gage so that I can monitor what occurs (and hit the disarm switch if things look fishy). It looks like before getting really deep in this thing I'm also gonna have to figure out how to run a plain jane MDS box too so that I can control the spark timing. The Version 3 MS system does this so once I understand the system requirements and can turn that into a real system I'll let you know. Sounds to me like Aircraft Engineer on here has some valuable insight and we could use his input......anybody that runs a 390 Ford is a badass anyway and probably has lots to tell us. Too bad I can't stuff one of those in Trigger.... anyway, after all is said and done, we should be able to figure out a parameter between the EGT readings and the head temp that can be programmed into the "HHO Map" of the MS version 3 that will prevent engine damage and still allow the system to produce the requisite power requirements while delivering better MPG. Read up on automation networks, your gonna need one. Look forward to hearing what you find. Oh oh and one other thing.....High compression ratio's work well too with HHO so perhaps a turbo installaton with the HHO injection....tell me what you think.

I don't plan on using a brute force method like the kit comes with, I am building a pulse width modulator. look up Stanley meyer-

Keep it up, your getting on the right track now!
Try checking out Hydroxy Hut - Index
there are several guys getting good results on obd1 pickups and are working together to figure out the computer issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom