H55F counter shaft gear sleeve available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My H55F failed few months ago in Quito. Countershaft front bearing failed, but I think the reason was too much play on the other side because Toyota was so smart to let run a bearing on an expensive, not enough hardened shaft!
In Quito we put an SKF sleeve on it and now I have the trans out again back home in Europe. I couldn't get the syncros in Ecuador (yeah, 1000$ and 60days delivery time, typical Toyota) and want to rebuild the trans with new syncros etc. (they are pretty worn)
Now I see that the SKF sleeve has very small wear after the 8000km BUT as much as I could find out the SKF sleeve is very soft steel and only hardened on 0.04mm of the surface because they are made for seals, not for roller bearings running on them! That doesn't give me a good feeling!

Anyone has experience with hardened sleeves for such applications or knows where to get that or do I have to have this custom made? I think that's a known weakness of those transmissions. OD is 40mm.
Just want to make sure I put all together the right way!

Thank you!

I just found from INA and SKF hardened sleeves... I guess the one I have on here (IR 35x40x20) ist the one I have installed here. So I guess it should be hard enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom