H4 led headlight question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just placing an order for some led brake/tail lights from super bright LEDs and I ran across some h4 led bulbs.
image.jpg

My question is has anyone ran these in a h4 housing on a fj62?

Low beam is 1000 lumens. Seems like it might be a nice alternative to the jw speakers.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-with-flexible-tinned-copper-braid/2221/4993/

image.jpg

I saw these and wondered the same thing. Definitely more cost effective.

JW's headlights are awesome. Cheap LED headlight kits are not awesome.

the best light I ever got in my H4's was upgrading to the 90/100w bulbs and upgrading the harness. The difference is amazing and didn't cost that much

I think led lights are great, but I'm just not a fan of the look myself.
I just ordered some Hella ecodes to try these out. If they work out it'll be great. Better light output and less strain on the already anemic charging system. Plus It'll look OE.
If they don't work out I'll return the LEDs and run some halogen h4s in the housings.

LED H4 replacement bulbs throw out an entirely different light pattern than your standard H4 bulbs. Your H4 headlight housing / reflector was not designed for this light pattern. Instead, it was designed for the light pattern of a H4 bulb. It makes no sense to put a LED H4 replacement bulb into a H4 housing. However, higher wattage bulbs and harnesses do make sense since they have the same pattern, only brighter.

PS - The same goes for the HID "upgrades".

I'll echo what has been said above. I upgraded my entire lighting system and it made an amazing difference.

Hella H1 and H4 glass housings
Halogen H4 and H1 bulbs
SLCFj62's custom wiring harness

I've been watching the H4 LED bulbs as well. The JW speaker replacements look like the way to go $ be damned. I've already spent the money for IPF replacement housing x 4. (FJ62). So a nice h4 LED bulb would be my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom