H151 Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

clutch master - 40 series
clutch slave - HZJ70 series
steel line will need some mods, flex is the same as the 70.

anyone seen a link on a 1hdt into a 40?

main.php

is there a build link for this?

this HDJ40 from a good friend what isnt internet lover .. I have a couple more pics and actually can take a few more if needed ..

LMEA791.jpg

100_1971.jpg

100_1972.jpg

pics

he's not a web wheeler? thats okay I like his style in FJ's !!!:)

I would very much like more pics

how close to cross member if I wanted to try and get a transfer case brake?

What input shaft did he use or what model did he pull the h55 from

motor mount and rear crossmeber info and pics

I know thats asking a lot but any info you can get without too much trouble will be greatly appreciated

Steering shaft clearance vs starter location (mine is a SAG power steering)

just trying to cross ref everything I have been told so far and get it right--I am in the UK which is making this a little harder---but when a 1hd-t falls into your lap???? What else can you do:bounce::bounce2:

great action shots! This rig kinda reminds me of the baja winner

how close to cross member if I wanted to try and get a transfer case brake?

not a chance .. the rear DS it's short and with t'case drum .. that will be just u-joint to U-joint

What input shaft did he use or what model did he pull the h55 from

He's using complete HDJ80 drivetrain .. so H151 with HF1A t-case 14splines 300mm clutch

motor mount and rear crossmeber info and pics

need to take those ..

Steering shaft clearance vs starter location (mine is a SAG power steering)

he's using 60 series PS box .. so no steering chaft problems ..

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hello,

After a while driving an H151-equipped Cruiser and having had the chance to drive the much talked about H55F, there is a couple things to say.

The H151 is clicky to shift, and sometimes it feels hard. It takes a while to get used to it. Acquired taste? Maybe. However, it can stand a lot of punishment, both on- and off-road. I still have to see how it ages, but I like it.

On the other hand, the H55F is softer when shifting, friendly if you like. I wish the ones I drove had a more powerful/less tired engine attached to them, but it felt good. No wonder it has so many fans. It slips out of gear as it gets old, but it is something to expect when proper care is not applied.

Nevertheless, I do miss the H41's granny-low first gear.

Having said this, I recommend the H151.

I am getting used to the clicky shift, but that is another story.

Juan

Might be able to go with a disc instead of a drum.

looks great .. wish it could hold my 40" ..

B,
This is the solution that I'm going with:

MAF Disc Parking Brake Conversion Kit John

for a old t-case style and still wonder if that caliper will hold ..

same here

FJ 60 Land Cruiser

IMG_4957Web.jpg

just wanna be sure that really holds ..

H41 and the H55F share all the same ratios except the o/d...

there is a old H41 with 5.29:1 1st gear in the FSM ..

disc

yes,

seemed kinda lightweight and had interference probs with my xmember on a 71 with a 2f 4 speed so I went back to the drum

just remember that brake is to be used to hold the vehicle from rolling and a one time only application to hydrolic brake failure. it 'looks' plenty strong for this application.
it would be interesting to test.

it would be interesting to test.

X2 .. I already test their ( from TSM ) calipers with e-brake and that sucks .. calipers are good enough, but e-brake it's useless ..

was a 200 bucks difference .. and don't worth ..

X2 .. I already test their ( from TSM ) calipers with e-brake and that sucks .. calipers are good enough, but e-brake it's useless ..

was a 200 bucks difference .. and don't worth ..

David,
Can you explain a little more what you mean when you say that the caliper is good enough but e-brake its useless. Do you mean the caliper is good but the rotor that comes with the kit warps or the shoes don´t hold for example?
Thanks,
JAB

David,
Can you explain a little more what you mean when you say that the caliper is good enough but e-brake its useless. Do you mean the caliper is good but the rotor that comes with the kit warps or the shoes don´t hold for example?
Thanks,
JAB

let me explain it a bit more .. I got from TSM the rear disc brake kit and as option they offer the eldo calipers which are with e-brake ..

The difference between e-brake eldo calipers and stock normal calipers ( woithout e-brake ) are 200 bucks .. so I choose the e-brake option ..

Calipers and disc combo work like a charm and brake brutal .. no clues. But after triying a bunch of cable options I gave up .. the e-brake feature it's useless to me .. or in my application ( Tencha ).

Hey bit of a change of subject. Im chasing ratio info on the h box fitted to 1hdfte coaster buses. Is it possible they have a taller 5th gear and can be retrofitted to a hbox from a hdj79r ute?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom