GX470 Factory Trailer Hitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A friend recently bought a nice '06 GX470. Great truck, but it is missing the factory reciever hitch.

He thinks it has the 'tow package', it does have a 7-pin RV trailer plug installed.

There is not a receiver on the rear crossmember, but six bolt holes that look like they should have a factory receiver mounted to them.

Anyone know a source for the factory receiver?

Reese is the S.E hitch supplier for most SUV's and trucks. I would look them up, i did a quick google and found

2006 Lexus GX 470 Trailer Hitch

I'm not sure about the reputation and quality, but looks like there are a few suppliers out there. You can always call around and find out where the dealers or what type of hitches the dealers installed.

We knows that full receiver hitches are available.

His GX already has a crossmember behind the spare tire with what looks like a flange to bolt a receiver too. We're looking for the factory piece that presumably came with his "tow package" GX that the PO presumably lost

Had my buddy send me a picture of what looks like a hitch mounting flange, not the greatest picture but it should get the idea across.
soaps lack of a hitch.jpg

2005 Prado Jap version

Would anyone have any idea on how the tow hitch of this model looks like? pics would be greatly appreciated

Here is my link to the integral hitch install.
The PO did not lose anything.
Yours did not come with a hitch.
The OEM hitch attaches to the frame but the older integral hitch attaches to the bumper.

Anyone have the integral hitch? - Club Lexus Forums

Here is what the actual hitch part looks like (this one is for sale, PM for info):
New Image.jpg

I have come across a 2005 4Runner OEM/Toyota hitch (frame mounted) for sale. Should it also fit my 2005 GX?

You can order a class 4 from Sewell Lexus for around 300 shipped if you are a Club Lexus member. This will bolt to both the frame and the rear cross support and is rated at 6500 lbs with a weight distributing hitch. You can also get the integrated hitch shown above for about 50 bucks less but it is only rated at 5000 lbs and is class 3. However the integrated hitch does mount up higher is is better looking. I also just pickup up a GX for the wife. Had the towing package but not the hitch. After putting the order into Sewell it was on my doorstep in about 5 days. I will let you know how the install goes.

Resurrecting an old thread. I really need to get a hitch on mine. The factory hitch is $140 on ebay - more than I really want to spend, but from what I can tell it looks a lot nicer than the aftermarket options.

Has anyone installed one? Sounds like the rear bumper has to be removed - how hard is that?

Does anyone with an aftermarket rear bumper have a used one laying around?

Thanks,
Andy

I just put the metal tech hitch on my factory cross member.
Didn’t have to remove the bumper, but my bumpers is trimmed.

I have one that is gathering dust. I am in Columbus OH so should not be that bad to ship. PM me your email and I will send you the pictures. Come from southern truck so no rust. All the piece complete but no bolts since I am reusing it.

Reactions: caz
I replaced my 6500 lbs with the integrated 5000 lbs for higher clearance. Also trying to gain more clearance for spare tire. It does not seem to improve spare tire clearance. Still could not fit 255/80R18. I am still short about 1"

Last edited:
I have one that is gathering dust. I am in Columbus OH so should not be that bad to ship. PM me your email and I will send you the pictures. Come from southern truck so no rust. All the piece complete but no bolts since I am reusing it.

Just picked up a 2007. PO removed hitch. Anyone have one loooing to get rid of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom