GTurbo CT26 Bad Boy Stage 1 + 1HD-FTE HDJ79 = over 200kW (at wheels! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gbentink said:
Thanks Tim. Actually I was driivng down Reid Hwy past your place last night :) You really need to sit in the passnger seat for a wee bit ;)

There's the problem. Last time you took me for a drive, I needed to change when I got home!
Power drifts on 35" muddies on bitumen in a Lexus with a diesel..... Sheesh.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

hi I have a 2006 hdj79 4.2 turbo and have read your posts just wondering if these mods are available for my cruiser, im chasing more towing grunt

Wow, this is great. I wonder how much more I can get from my FT and the bad boy, v1 I think.

What turbo set up do you recommend for a 2006 HZJ78R with 30,000km's?
I know the 1HZ has it's limits but I really want more power and can't afford to up grade to a HDJ78 at the moment.

I have a turbo I am putting in this weekend from Graeme.
It is an older grunter and he would probably build you something exactly like mine.
Trying to boost as soon as possible and throughout all the RPM range.
Really excited for this to go in, stay tuned to my build thread.

Sounds great, are you running it with an inter cooler? If so, what would you suggest- Air to air or glycol?

Sounds great, are you running it with an inter cooler? If so, what would you suggest- Air to air or glycol?

No intercooler right away.
I will be going with a top mount air to air in the future.
Looking at buying a hood scoop hood when funds permit.
The home build intercooler minus the hood should run me under $300.

There is a ton of work involved fitting w2a or a front mount that I don't want to get into because of air conditioning piping.

There's the problem. Last time you took me for a drive, I needed to change when I got home!
Power drifts on 35" muddies on bitumen in a Lexus with a diesel..... Sheesh.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD
I picked up my Cruiser Saturday night after Graeme chipped & boosted it, and he took me for a lap in the 79 Series and his Lexus. They are both absolute weapons!!! Power drifts in the 79 with 35" MTZ's was fun! The Lexus was not yet tuned, hotdamn! Cars that heavy are not supposed to accelerate that hard! WOW.

Thought I should post the 213.2kW (285hp) at wheels.

Soon to be 320hp at wheels ;)

Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 3.56.53 PM.jpg

That's impressively flat. Most high power tunes get seriously peaky.

woops I think i didn't give enough info.
What I was going for what is going to give it the increase up to 320rwhp?

Custom Airbox, 4" snorkel, new intercooler and revised tune..... plenty of fuel left in the Kitty ;) Its only got a Bad Boy 1..... (current Spec)

hey what sort of fuel economy could be expected with 200kw atw? is it any better? alot to ask but most power up mods on diesel equal better fuel economy at least in my experience

Another update to this thread. 105 series with a 1HDFTE. Cracked 233rwkw/312rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom