GSMTR 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
soooo who's in? Im driving up there wednesday evening and head back sunday morn. hey Matt, steve, justin.. you have 3 months to get your junk ready. MAY 16-21st

Last edited:
They moved the date a week later than last year, May 16th-21. Two weeks after my finals end, I'm in.

OH s***!, they did move it! :mad::mad::mad: They must have recently changed the dates. When I checked the event dates the end of November when I picked my vacations for work, the 2016 GSMTR dates were 5/2 to 5/8.
I can move my vacations alright, but I already bought plane tickets to go to Costa Rica on the 21st.

I'd have to leave on Thurs or FRI

Am I the only one glad they moved the dates later?

Wow. So I just checked the reservation I have for cabin #11, and somehow it got moved to the right dates. Along with Roger's. Maybe he did it for me? I don't know... but a lot of other reservations are on the wrong date now. That could really mess up some plans.

Speaking of plans, I HOPE I can make it this year. With all the house moving crap, I might be closing right around this time. Or, I might be free and clear. So I'm not going to register just yet - I'll have to wait until the event gets a little closer.

Carter how many beds are free in your cabin?

Carter how many beds are free in your cabin?

I need to talk to Luis. At some point last year he mentioned he wanted the bottom floor bunks. Ray let me know he's still coming and wants to stay there, but I do have to get with him on the shifted dates (same with Luis!). There is a couch some have slept on in the past as well - this is the only open spot I'm 100% confident exists now!

Of course, if I can't make it, that's another open bed as well.

I'm assuming I'll be doing primitive but if there's a free bed I'm not opposed.

ive done both primitive and in the cabins and if the weather is nice primitive is fine. if the weather is cold and rainy you will be miserable unless you have a cabin. last yr it got up to 80ish, great camping weather while the year before I took the fj40 it rained nearly the entire time and high of 50. Horrible camping cond.!! Luis and Carter saved me that yr. by offering a spot in the cabin. saved my rear.

Benefits of a 60 or 80 series, you can sleep in it! :)

Yeah, you don't want to do that :) This means either packing/unpacking every day/night to get ready for bed then get ready to ride trails. It's really best, if you can, to have your truck ready to go whenever as trail rides seem to be unpredictable at Windrock. And it's not like place where camp is near the trail - the trail is a good 7-20 miles away depending on where you want to go, and can take a while to get there. And trust me, if you don't have things secured, you're going to get annoyed at everything shifting around all day long as you go up and over rocks/trails/etc. It can be downright dangerous in some situations.

i put my stuff in the camping tent or under the pop up tent i bring so as not to shake-n-brake everything while on the trails. worked fine. i think carter just wants someone to spoon at night so he doesnot get cold. That reminds me i better call Burnie to if he's going.

Last edited:
I am trying... really hard. Got a good paycheck to buy the rest of the parts I'm wanting to have installed before then but I just don't know if I'm going to have time to make it happen. I'd really like to have the doubler in for it.

I don't have a place to work on my truck. Within the next week I will have all the parts to rebuild the 80. Just need a place we can have a tech session

What are you looking to do? Not sure i have all the tools you need but i can help. I have a exhaust manifold i need replaced so maybe we can help each other.

matt you dont need a boubler for gsmtr. just be able to put it in low- and you good to go..im open to help fix/ break/ strip some bolts

Last edited:
It's a matter of want verses need ;)

Either way it ain't happening, had a breakage yesterday that might just prevent my attendance. Not sure what it is yet. Something bellhousing. Specifically something is jammed hard enough that the starter isn't strong enough to turn the motor over. Pulling transmission Saturday morning.

No rods or anything sticking out of the oil pan so that's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom