GROUP BUY- York Bracket and Pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Threads
***UPDATE 01/14/09 - there is one unit up for grabs, first person to PM me and send PayPal get them. We are only waiting on tensioners from CDan before these are boxed and shipped!!!

I assume too much, this is for the York install for ON BOARD AIR!

Ok peeps. I hope I am not stepping on any toes here but you know what, I need this thing and I'm pretty much willing to do all the leg work to make this happen.

Back story: Slee is out of stock and is currently not looking to restock them because they weren't exactly flying out the door. I then contacted Great Lakes Water Jet to see about possibly getting one that is all dirty and sitting in a corner. They don't have any and in fact had no interest in doing any more off road associated parts for reasons I won't go into.

Well...after chatting with him for about 20 minutes he has decided that he would be willing to make some new brackets and some new pulleys. And not any old brackets, but TENSIONED brackets!!!!!

So here is the deal:
• He will ONLY make the sets if he can get a group of a minimum of 10 people
• It would be a one time only thing (unless dozens comes out of the woodworks)
• The kit would bolt on
• The pulley would be machined out of billet
• The bracket would be bare metal (no paint, no coating)
• He wants me to do all the arranging because he is too busy to deal with it individually
• Once we get our minimum 10 people, we will have a ship time of ~3 weeks
• Deadline is Sept. 26, 2008!!

****UPDATES Sept. 22 12:15PM****
• Bolts to connect the bracket to the compressor will NOT be included but are easily sourced. We are pretty sure the bolts needed are 3/8"-16 @ 1" long.
• The compressor will no longer be resting on just the 4 bolt holes, its actually resting on the tensioner itself.
• Due to the fact that the mounting holes on the aluminum bodied York tends to sometimes be stripped, he has upgraded the bracket to now be a "U-shaped" bracket. In other words the York will sit in a cradle that will have a bracket on BOTH sides of the compressor.
• There will be a hole one either side to access the oil fill
• Included in the kit with be (2) flanges that will bolt into place where the Pair Valve was. This is of course only for the older LCs with the PV but the flanges will be included with each kit anyway
• As soon as he finished up a CAD drawing I will post it up so that you can all see the new design. This is a major upgrade to the old design.

****UPDATE Sept. 22 11:30PM****
• shipping is by postal service only to the 48. Cost is an additional $13.05 (w/insurance)
• ANY place else will be priced individually

Cost is $225 and NO I'm not making a dime NOR am I getting a free one, I just want the darn bracket so I can finish my install :bang:

So ALL of you sitting on the fence on this, NOW is the time!!!!

So either PM me or respond in the thread and as soon as I get the necessary people I will then coordinate shipping and payment info.

****UPDATE Sept. 27 4:35PM****
Ok folks, there is no CAD drawing to show yet only because after the compressor was removed from his own truck to be sure that the bracket would fit correctly he decided on making two very minor and unnoticeable changes. But we should have a CAD drawing for all to see on Tuesday.

Also on Tues I should have the cost breakdown between the bracket and the pulley.

I will start taking payments from those that have signed up. You have two options:

• OPTION ONE- send me a check made out to me. You can PM me for my home address/details. The total cost will be $225+$13.05 (USPS) which comes to: $238.05
• OPTION TWO- send me a PayPal payment. Because of PP's 3% surcharge, you will have to add 3% to the total bill. The total cost will be $225+$13.05 (USPS)+$7.15 (PayPal fee) which comes to: $245.20

I need to have payment by Oct. 3rd. Any payments received after the 3rd run the risk of the order being canceled. Before the Oct. 3rd I "could" still take orders so long as I get notice asap and payment comes before the 3rd. He needs to know the amount of steel and aluminum stock to purchase for the project which is why I have hard deadlines.

Also on Oct. 6th I will be making one large bulk payment to Great Lakes Water Jet to for it all. I will only be doing this once. So chop chop!!

****UPDATE Sept. 30 1:40PM****
Just got off the phone with GLWJ:
• The break-down of the parts is as follows: Pulley is $85.00, Bracket is $145.00
• The bolts for the bracket to the compressor are now INCLUDED!
• You WILL need to source the bolts to the block if needed
• The aluminum round bar stock stock has been ordered
• CAD 2D file will be uploaded tonight
• For those sending checks, please get a hold of me for my address as soon as you can. The cut off is still on Friday to be included.

****UPDATE Oct. 13 5:15PM****
Here is the latest and it keeps changing as we keep learning new things:
• The 1/4" sheet is being picked up tomorrow and then one unit till be built and installed on GLWJ's truck to make sure everything is aligned. If the alignment is true then its just a few days to cut out everything for all the kits.
• The pulley has been re-redesigned so that all three pulleys are now 5". This meant stopping the first run and redesigning the pulley and then re-starting machining. The 3rd pulley will be set slightly set apart from the others to align with the stock air conditioning compressor.
• The pulley size was changed to 5" so that it would bump up the revolutions on the York at idle, thus greatly reducing the need to have the truck rev'd higher or have the hand throttle on.
• The new pulley design will NOW be on the same linear alignment with the stock air compressor THUS eliminating the need for another tensioner. The York will instead use the tensioner used on the stock a/c unit.
• There is now no adjustment needed for the York set up, this will eliminate a lot of headaches.
• GLWJ will now be including (12) bolts for the York. This 4 for each side and 4 for the bottom.
• GLWJ will now be including the head bolts needed to mount the bracket to the head.

And last but not least GLWJ will NOW be including the correctly sized belt needed to run the York set up. This means you will now be supplied with EVERYTHING you will need to bolt up this kit: bracket, 12 bracket bolts, 4 head bolts, pulley, belt.

Anyone who has ordered just the bracket, I will be PM'ing you separately because this new set up will be affecting you.

I will also need to change the proposed delivery date in order to account for the new, new redesign.

****UPDATE Nov. 17 8:15PM****
GLWJ got a kit together with a new belt, new bracket, new pulley and new tensioner. He has been installing and aligning and fine tuning. So far there is only one side that needs to be adjusted only slightly. Once that is all dialed in, then there is an approx. 19 hour total time to cut all of the brackets out. Already good on pulleys and tensioners. He just needs to source the bolts and belts and should be looking good. I will be getting the first (ok second unit, he has the first ) and I will be doing the install and subsequent write up for the kit install so that way everyone gets written and visual instructions with kit as a link. I haven't really considered doing a write up as a PDF other than what is seem on a new FAQ that I will post. I'm sure that is ok but please let me know if its not.

****UPDATE Nov. 19 8:00AM****
We will have 4 more units available for sale. There was enough material to get in 4 more. There was already a backup list going so I will add the three names in there which means there is still one available for sale.

Interested so far (as of 10/01 3:09AM):
1. NLXTACY - bracket & pulley PAID-
2. mylesprimo - bracket only PAID-
3. TrickyT - bracket & pulley PAID-
4. Thumper - bracket & pulley PAID-
5. Elijah - bracket & pulley PAID-
6. tomindallas - bracket & pulley PAID-
7. Firedog - bracket & pulley PAID-
8. nanuk - bracket & pulley PAID-
9. unwiredadventures - bracket & pulley PAID-
10. 96r50 - bracket & pulley PAID-
11. landtank - bracket only PAID-
12. LockedLX - bracket & pulley PAID-
13. SF80 - bracket & pulley PAID-
14. DMessin - bracket & pulley PAID-
15. matt60/80 - bracket & pulley PAID-
16. wierdbeard - bracket & pulley PAID-
17. stayalert - bracket & pulley PAID-
18. Bigshone - bracket & pulley PAID-
19. billmiranda - bracket & pulley PAID-
20. EricG - bracket & pulley PAID-
21. bay cruizer - bracket & pulley
22. GARYB2 - bracket & pulley PAID-
23. Hulk - bracket & pulley PAID-
24. Scott_sFZJ80 - bracket & pulley PAID-
25. Walking Eagle - bracket & pulley PAID-
26. lugboot - bracket & pulley PAID-
27. wildman326 - bracket & pulley PAID-
28. Martin A - bracket & pulley (pending verification of complete 30th unit)
29. GLWJ
30. ???
First CAD drawing:
glwj_image1.jpg

Last edited:
can we just do the bracket without the pulley? If so then I am in.

IF we can still get the necessary 10 then I see no reason why not. BTW for those curious, the new pulley is a 3 groove pulley which replaces the existing 2 groove pulley you have now for your main engine pulley. This third groove is a 4" step down pulley from the 5" of the other two and is used to then run the compressor.

I'm in for pulley/bracket. PM'd you as well.

jon.

How would you run the belts without the new pulley? Is that what the tensioner is for?

How would you run the belts without the new pulley? Is that what the tensioner is for?

You can't. But there is nothing stopping you from welding a single groove pulley onto your existing dual groove.

Pulley and bracket for me as well.

Count me in for a bracket and a pulley

As a quick update, I was told by GLWJ that any alignment issues should no longer be an issue. He made a few tweaks to the original including making a new notch to clear the coolant tube that is in the way.

Also, I am going to put in a deadline of Sep. 26th for any last minute shoppers. I want to be able to get as many people set up as possible but I also don't want to take care of this forever. I'd like to just hit it and quit it :p

I'm in. PM forthcoming.
And THANK YOU for doing this!

You may want to hit up Lumpdog and see how his kit is going - I'll PM you his contact info if you want. I bought the last Slee bracket (I think) cus I needed it, but I think if Lumpdog knew so many were looking for them, he might be interested to get the final push done. I know he has them in a semi-assembled state and was just putting together the kits.

Also, I think his bracket was going to be quite a bit cheaper, and includes a tensioner.

-Phil

Hey Phil, sorry man. Tried waiting for LUMP but its been vaporware for a long long time now. Plus the GLWJ version has been fully testing and is now on v3.0. With the addition of the tensioner this makes it a no brainer for me. For those that want to give LUMP a shot and find out, let me know and I can remove your name(s) from this group buy.

Hey Phil, sorry man. Tried waiting for LUMP but its been vaporware for a long long time now. Plus the GLWJ version has been fully testing and is now on v3.0. With the addition of the tensioner this makes it a no brainer for me. For those that want to give LUMP a shot and find out, let me know and I can remove your name(s) from this group buy.

I completely understand - I needed one and it was taking a while, so I stole your Slee one ;) I wish Lumpdog could have got them out the door because he could have made a killing!

Hope everything goes well. I'll be updating my OBA buildup as soon as I get the final piece installed - the oil/water separator - trust me you guys will need this. I got mine from Grainger for about $70 - the one with the metal bowl, NOT plastic.

Anyways - we still haven't wheeled together. I promise you can borrow my air if your system isn't done yet ;)

- Phil

Also,

If anyone needs a YORK - PM me and I'll try and get you one in the next 2 weeks or so. My source should be restocked. Price would be $65 + shipping.

Don't fill up this thread with banter though - PM ME :)

-Phil

I highly recommend using Phil. He hooked me up solid. He knows which units to look for. The orientation, the outlet directions, etc.

I completely understand - I needed one and it was taking a while, so I stole your Slee one ;) I wish Lumpdog could have got them out the door because he could have made a killing!

Hope everything goes well. I'll be updating my OBA buildup as soon as I get the final piece installed - the oil/water separator - trust me you guys will need this. I got mine from Grainger for about $70 - the one with the metal bowl, NOT plastic.

Anyways - we still haven't wheeled together. I promise you can borrow my air if your system isn't done yet ;)

- Phil

Yeah I was hoping LUMP would have pulled through or at least let everyone know the status. I had a self-imposed time limit (SnT) to get it installed so I couldn't wait any longer. Immediate gratification damn it!

Yeah eventually we'll have to get a San Fernando Valley Wheelers going :p

Oh I also now have a 10# Source CO2 tank so I'm covered ;) I just like the redundancy. :grinpimp:

if it comes down to me needing to get the pulley I will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom