Group 24 vs 27 battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, my Duralast group 27 battery was dying so I replaced it with a Costco battery. The thing is that Costco recomends a group 24 size battery which is smaller. The CCA is still well above the OE battery but will life be shorter since it is under more strain? Either way $50 for a 3 year free replacement battery isn't bad. Sounds MUCH better than the old battery. Anyone else think its ridiculous how much battery mark up is? Johnson controls makes like 90% of all car batterys. ALL employees get optimas for $50 and others for next to nothing. The only time I wish I still worked for them is when I buy a battery. Whoa a little off topic there.

Last edited:
All things being equal I would still opt for the group 27 since it fits the tray and hardware perfectly.
No putting risers under, or much room for flopping side to side.

When it comes to batteries, I've never had too much battery but I have had too little.!

It depends on your needs, added loads. My rig came with a small standard Interstate (group 34, 500cca?). It worked well until it died, checked the date code, it lasted 7 years, great life for AZ heat. Replaced it with a 27F Interstate Megatron.

Well I guess it will be fine. Just curious. I am basically stock as far as load goes with the exception of 2 off road lights. No winching or anything goes on. I do more desert trips than hardcore rock stuff.

I put in a deep cycle 27 from Costco, but it's a 27DC, with the poles reversed. Good deal for the capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom