Greg Mushro - Vintage Offroad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Nice how his biz has a 'BBB Accredited' logo on it, yet the BBB shows him as 'not accredited'. Big surprise.

Yeah, because you thhrow a V8 in a truck with 34K on the odometer. Jeebus, the lies are ridiculous...
Was thinking the same thing!

This is the kind of BS that he spouts. I'm sure it is all lies and he will not follow up on any of it. He is a shyster of the highest order.

From the BBB site:

"Complaint: I purchased and paid up front for a 1979 toyota fj40 land cruiser in January 2015. **** ******, owner operator of Vintage Offroad vehicles, made me a deal on the truck that included reconditioning of the vehicle in his shop. I flew out to ********* to see his operation and the truck. At that time we concluded the purchase, paid approximately $32,000 for it and he was to make delivery in about four to six weeks and I agreed to it.He soon started making excuses delaying the work, not communicating with me but maybe every three or four weeks, when I tried to call he wouldn't answer and his voicemail was always full, leaving me only email or texting to communicate! When we did talk it would always be ready first of next month! March, April,then May, June.Just recently said July! He had mentioned on my visit his favorite thing to do for customers was to take pictures and send them to keep them updated on progress , he has sent two groups of very poor pics and only because I hounded him for them.His biggest excuse has been lack of employees, but when I visited the shop he made a point to introduce four or five that had been there for "years" !

Desired Settlement: refund my full amount paid to you for the vehicle since you are unable to deliver in a timely manner as agreed!

Business Response:

Hello ****,

I am very surprised by this complaint. However I do understand you frustrations. The delays have been difficult for us too. We spoke in detail this past Thursday June 4th 2015 regarding the negative feedback you were planning on posting. When we ended the conversation you agreed to remove the feedback and I agreed to a new revised competition time of end of July. I explained that is reasonable and we will exceed your expectations with the finished product. We were in agreement. You also agreed to contact the BBB and have the negative feedback removed. At least until we have completed the project. And that quality work would be the way in which we make up for the delays…

As we discussed last Thursday, we are down to a smaller staff than when we first met. That work is taking longer than planned, however, the work is good quality. And rushing to finish too fast will end in restoration problems. Regarding a refunding of money for the Land Cruiser and the restoration work....

First, as you know, there are no refunds of old car buy backs. Our company policy is both clearly posted in your purchase agreement (which I can forward), your "as-is" bill of sale and is clearly ****ed on every page of our website. You may want to reread the Terms & Conditions… Here is a link: ******************************************** However, in your case you personally visited us and inspected the vehicle in question. And it met with your approval in every way! You took ownership and we started the restoration work. The only aspect to the transaction that is left is the restoration work outlined in the agreement, which we are performing. Like I have said before we are short staffed and must take care to not rush this restoration work. We are well on our way to completing the restoration work. You and I just discussed last Thursday and a July completion is the revised deadline. In addition, I have performed several expensive upgrades, at no additional cost to you. These expensive upgrades are a token gift to you to help offset the delays; such as a full exterior repaint and more at no charge.

Again, we are very sorry for the delays. And I hope you will rethink your complaint and will allow us to finish the restoration work we are in the middle of, as we discussed. When a client wants out of a restoration project we offer the option of finding the truck an new home and cashing that customer out. I would be happy to explore this option with you as well.

Best regards, **** @ Vintage"

This is the kind of BS that he spouts. I'm sure it is all lies and he will not follow up on any of it. He is a shyster of the highest order.

From the BBB site:

"Complaint: I purchased and paid up front for a 1979 toyota fj40 land cruiser in January 2015. **** ******, owner operator of Vintage Offroad vehicles, made me a deal on the truck that included reconditioning of the vehicle in his shop. I flew out to ********* to see his operation and the truck. At that time we concluded the purchase, paid approximately $32,000 for it and he was to make delivery in about four to six weeks and I agreed to it.He soon started making excuses delaying the work, not communicating with me but maybe every three or four weeks, when I tried to call he wouldn't answer and his voicemail was always full, leaving me only email or texting to communicate! When we did talk it would always be ready first of next month! March, April,then May, June.Just recently said July! He had mentioned on my visit his favorite thing to do for customers was to take pictures and send them to keep them updated on progress , he has sent two groups of very poor pics and only because I hounded him for them.His biggest excuse has been lack of employees, but when I visited the shop he made a point to introduce four or five that had been there for "years" !

Desired Settlement: refund my full amount paid to you for the vehicle since you are unable to deliver in a timely manner as agreed!

Business Response:

Hello ****,

I am very surprised by this complaint. However I do understand you frustrations. The delays have been difficult for us too. We spoke in detail this past Thursday June 4th 2015 regarding the negative feedback you were planning on posting. When we ended the conversation you agreed to remove the feedback and I agreed to a new revised competition time of end of July. I explained that is reasonable and we will exceed your expectations with the finished product. We were in agreement. You also agreed to contact the BBB and have the negative feedback removed. At least until we have completed the project. And that quality work would be the way in which we make up for the delays…

As we discussed last Thursday, we are down to a smaller staff than when we first met. That work is taking longer than planned, however, the work is good quality. And rushing to finish too fast will end in restoration problems. Regarding a refunding of money for the Land Cruiser and the restoration work....

First, as you know, there are no refunds of old car buy backs. Our company policy is both clearly posted in your purchase agreement (which I can forward), your "as-is" bill of sale and is clearly ****ed on every page of our website. You may want to reread the Terms & Conditions… Here is a link: ******************************************** However, in your case you personally visited us and inspected the vehicle in question. And it met with your approval in every way! You took ownership and we started the restoration work. The only aspect to the transaction that is left is the restoration work outlined in the agreement, which we are performing. Like I have said before we are short staffed and must take care to not rush this restoration work. We are well on our way to completing the restoration work. You and I just discussed last Thursday and a July completion is the revised deadline. In addition, I have performed several expensive upgrades, at no additional cost to you. These expensive upgrades are a token gift to you to help offset the delays; such as a full exterior repaint and more at no charge.

Again, we are very sorry for the delays. And I hope you will rethink your complaint and will allow us to finish the restoration work we are in the middle of, as we discussed. When a client wants out of a restoration project we offer the option of finding the truck an new home and cashing that customer out. I would be happy to explore this option with you as well.

Best regards, **** @ Vintage"

I wonder if this buyer ever received his truck.

How about this, my buddy just pointed this out to me: This is inexcusable.
2016-07-01.png

Thanks, I didn't know if non-TLCA members would be able to access the full spread.

Yep. No problem accessing it.

edit: BTW the fact that they publicize Mushro makes me proud to be a non-member...

Last edited:
Yep. No problem accessing it.

edit: BTW the fact that they publicize Mushro makes me proud to be a non-member...

Oh the stories I could tell.

If you've ever talked to Greg, you know he has a very disarming and reassuring way about him. I sold him a soft top last year and was actually thinking what a nice guy he was. What I can't understand is why he makes the choices he makes when he has the resources and ability to do the right thing, yet he never seems to.
sociopaths generally are...

Greg contacted me a couple years ago when he saw me importing some pretty nice iron, wanted to start dealing with me BLAHAHAHAHA, couple minutes on the ole interweb =) and I knew he was a turd in the punchbowl. I'd burn a cruiser before selling it to him or, more than likely, getting screwed out of it...payed in excuses

I remember the 1st time I ever heard of Mushro 13 years ago, he delivered a 40 to the customer with wet paint covering the bondo.

So just for the heck of it I tried visiting vintage offroads website. Seems its not working anymore. Did a local google search and nothing showed up. Anyway I did find this video attatched to mushro's youtube account:
Anyway, I have a feeling things finally caught up with this guy. When you have big time clients that you rip off, you have to remember that big time clients have big time lawyers lol. Anyway I have no proof of that but just putting 2 n 2 together.

Last edited:
His site is running now, must have been down for maintenance. I didn't realise his business was so big, where the hell does he get his stock?

I know someone who was courted by mushroom and the deal sounded sweet... fair market value for a solid runner... then Vintage takes posession and proceeds to inflate price drastically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom