1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got pulled over

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by wayne_fj40, May 19, 2003.

1. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

I got pulled over this weekend .The cop said I had to get mud flaps.What type of mud flaps doo you people use that have them?God knows I don't want to put them on but if I half to I don't want some god awful looking ones. :tear:Thanks for any tips :G

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    I'm picking some up tonight for a trailer project...unfortunately, no matter what you do, they look stupid....

IMO, set them up as a receiver mount....1-1/4" small receivers into the frame at the back, flap hangs down from there, easy to remove for trail use.

Most any autodroid store has them in pairs for $15. Just add bracketry.

Also, check your DOT laws regarding flaps and such....you may find something about not required if the vehicle didn't come with it stock, or height issues, etc. Worth investigating before you slap something on there.

3. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

Excellent idea.I never evan thought of doing that with the 1 1/4" trailer reciever that would work slick.I new there had to be a way to beat the system.I don't plan on putting ones on there that are huge.Thanks great idea :bow:

4. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

Media:
    Performance Products (performanceproducts.com) used to sell these mud flaps made by a company called Jaos, they are probably the coolest flaps I've ever seen. They have these hook things on them that allow you to secure them up out of the way for 4wheeling. They sell aplications for 80 and 100 series cruisers as well as other newer toyota four bys, but I'm sure they could be installed on almost anything. The big down side to these things are the cost, they're not cheap at all(around $100). :dunno:

5. Hltoppr

Hltoppr SILVER Star

Media:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    Everything JAOS is made of gold... heck, I like Woody's idea with some cheapo black flaps. Easy on/off and cheap.

-H-

6. Junk

Junk

That Jaos crap is pure [​IMG] ... an no they aren't avail for the 80.

7. Wrench

Wrench One Bashed Up 80

Thank God!! :D

8. kstatecruiser

kstatecruiser

You might want to go to a farm supply store and ask for some baler belting. It's cheap and you can make your own brakets to remove it when on the trail.