Got my ARB bar today.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wob

Threads
:D :D :D

How long SHOULD this take? Trying to decide whether or not to wait for the weekend to do it. I sure would rather go the bachelor party at the beach instead of installing this thing. I know what will probably end up happening. I will take the old one off, and then be too lazy to put the ARB on, and drive around until the following weekend with no bumper at all.

Anyhow, how long did it take you guys to install?

About an hour. Seriously! It's cake, it fits really really well. Your stock bumper is held on with about 8 bolts. Unbolt those brackets off the frame and pull the whole lot off. ARB slides on and you bolt her up. 1 man job. The bumper is pretty maneuverable once you get it out of the wrapper it came in.

This install time of course does not include winch, lights or turn signal wiring...bumper R&R only.

Piece of cake. Jump on it, you will be stoked...it looks KILLER.

Really easy. Much easier with an impact and a couple of gophers. I think mine didn't take a half-hour. Be sure to install all of the bolts first, then go back and tighten. You might need a little wiggling to get them all to line up.

Keep the box. You'll have the coolest mansion in the homeless community after your SO kicks you out after the bachelor party. :D

Don't forget to undo the small brackets on the bumper ends. ::) You don't want to leave those behind when you jerk the bumper off....... :D

Less than 1/2 hour, with my 11-yr-old steadying it as I whacked it with a rubber mallet. They often don't start over the frame easily, but mine went on with a little wiggling. Floor jack to hold it up helps a lot.

yea,what they all said.....it was easy and then you get to GO to the bachelor party with your "bitchin" ARB on your rig!!!!!

doug

Then you break a bolt. Then the thing does not slide on and you have to use a bottle jack to spread the legs etc etc.

You also have to wire the lights in properly (not the splice locks they give you).

I say go party and do it when you have the time. The 5min jobs always tend to take the longest. You are just tempting fate.

8)

Christo,

&nbsp:Do you REALLY want him to go the party with that weenie stock bumper on the front? :D

How the heck is he supposed to pick up the dancer if he has that black cloud hanging over him? ;)

Get on it!

Worst case scenario is that you may need either a jack to spread the frame a bit, or a tie down to narrow it.

It's a whole new beast once you can tuck a winch up in there.

O.K. so what you are trying to say is there may be more work than just bolting it on...and should not be attempted 300 miles from home in a dirt lot with just hand tools. Ohhh...what the hell, I got my mounting hardware from Junk today so I might as well give it a try. Besides it is under 100 degrees here. :D wob, I'll race ya!

ON YOUR MARK, GET SET....................GO :eek:

the thing does not slide on and you have to use a bottle jack to spread the legs

Christo- lets try to keep our minds on the problem at hand, and not reminisce about your bachelor party experiences :D ::)

How the heck is he supposed to pick up the dancer if he has that black cloud hanging over him? ;)
Then he should go and install a nice thick erect snorkel before the party :D chicks dig 'em.

I think that was suppose to read   "A bottle of Jack to spread the legs"  ::)
..... or ... :flipoff2:
7.jpg

Love the replies, guys. 8)

Got it done in relatively short time. No injuries to me, this time. Wife wasn't so lucky. She stood too close when I whacked the bar with the sledge to get it on. Bar falls off, catches her knee on the way down. :-[ :-[ There were no tears, but I caught a little sh*t for it. I told her that bruises give character to her legs, and besides I'm sure that it will be gone by football season. :D :D

wob,
You're kiddin', right? Nobody on this list would be caught dead with a stainless steel brush guard unless it was put on by the PO and they just haven't had a chance to replace it with an ARB or a Slee bumper.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom