Gossamer- '87 FJ60 aka "The Red Monster" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aluminum grill material arrived.. Can't wait to get this mod DONE!

I think I'll go with the 1st one. This will be painted black...

J

DSC00247.JPG
DSC00249.JPG

Is the weatherstripping the same as the stuff KR used to sell?

Is the weatherstripping the same as the stuff KR used to sell?

Looks pretty damn close to the same to me. I've had Kevin's weatherstrip kit for years now.

Looks pretty damn close to the same to me. I've had Kevin's weatherstrip kit for years now.

I can say after researching this... There are HUNDREDS of the exact same looking trim profile. U trim opening , leg length, bulb diameter, bulb thickness, materials, material colors, grains, bend radius, inner channel material, roll lengths, preferred vendor status., the list keeps going.... It was a PITA to find one that I liked and IMO was end-user friendly.

J

love the 2nd one. are you fabbing frames for them or will you need to cut out the OEM grill to get these to work? Can't wait to see the end product.

Yup gonna have to sign up for at least one trim for drivers door and the rear hatch. Once taxes are paid unfortunately.

I can say after researching this... There are HUNDREDS of the exact same looking trim profile. U trim opening , leg length, bulb diameter, bulb thickness, materials, material colors, grains, bend radius, inner channel material, roll lengths, preferred vendor status., the list keeps going.... It was a PITA to find one that I liked and IMO was end-user friendly.

J

Glad you've found a local place. KR has been doing this for quite some time though:

http://wagongear.com/shop/hatch-seals/
http://wagongear.com/shop/door-seals/

I have some bigger trim and going to try it on the lift gate. It would be awesome not to get road dust in the back...

J

Oh boy! Believe it ir not I get a fair amount of dust ingress from the rear gate & hatch on my 100...doesn't mix well with espresso :D

Love the weather strip and really interested in how the grill will turn out. My stock one is cracked from the accident I had back in 2013. So is one of my headlight doors. :bang:

I need more parts. Or time to work on my 60. But really, just more parts.

Love the weather strip and really interested in how the grill will turn out. My stock one is cracked from the accident I had back in 2013. So is one of my headlight doors. :bang:

I need more parts. Or time to work on my 60. But really, just more parts.

Thanks A

Which headlight bezel do you need? May have a spare laying around...

J

Thanks A

Which headlight bezel do you need? May have a spare laying around...

J

Driver side, its not that noticeable, but I am now holding my 60 to a higher standard since I have a DD. The 60 should be more elegant now in it's old "retired" (garage queen) state. lol

I think I might have one as well. I can take a look tonight.

Driver side, its not that noticeable, but I am now holding my 60 to a higher standard since I have a DD. The 60 should be more elegant now in it's old "retired" (garage queen) state. lol

I'll look in the morning.. Have to go to the upstairs shop storage for that box....

I'll report back.

J

Ummm... Going to have to see that on the truck. Is that the first new 60 grille design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom