Goodyear MTR or TSL radial or BFG MTs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted on the chit-chat as well.

Just wonder what you guys and gals would run on a SOA fj62 trail toy. I drive it quite a bit on the road to get to the trails, so I don't want them to wear out too quickly.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

if it were me in my big blue 62 i would run the bfg MT's. but what i really want is the pro comp MT's. Those are my two top favorites.

i have ran with both BFG MT's and TSL radials, i curently have the radieals on my 77 fj40 and they wore nicely, same as MT. personally i like the TSL excalent in off road and pretty good on highway or city use. i would go TSL's but thats juat my preferance

TSL's are quite a bit louder that the other 2. I can't hear anything between my burnt out glass pack and the TSL's in my 40. They are also a lot harder to balance that the BFG and MT/R. I do like them though. If you do a lot of on road driving, the BFG or the MT/R might be a better choice.
-Brian

You will be happy with either the BFG's or the MTR's. I have the MTR's in 35 x12.50 on my 40 and have been really happy with them.

I currently run 33x12.50 mtr's, and on my last truck, ran 35's. I've also been through 6 sets of meats in the past 2 years (bfg at,bfg mt,swamper ssr,procomp mt, and mtr's

IMO the mtr's are almost too good to believe. The traction onm the rocks is awesome, I air them down to the 10 lb range. The on road is very nice, quiet, and suprising wet and snow traction for a non siped tire. They seem to wear well, and they balance easily.

Since you said "trail toy" I would vote for TSL's. I'm on my second set of TSL radials and really like them. My current ones are 36x14.50's. I don't have any weights on any of them and they run smooth down the road. And I don't need to hype the off road ability.
Someone once said - if it doesn't say Interco on the sidewall, it's an all-terrain. :D

THanks guys (and gals?)

I am going with the SSRs after much pondering. It isn't an easy choice...quite possibly six of one, half dozen of the other.

Thanks for all your responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom