Good Boat Cleaner???

Discussion in 'Boats - RVs - Planes' started by TX80Fan, May 27, 2007.

1. TX80Fan

TX80Fan

Has anyone had good luck with a boat cleaner that removes spider poop and bird crap from being stored in a wet slip? My boat is covered with tiny spider terds and it stained the fiberglass. FYI- it's a white boat...please advise.

Also, I'm going to spray down / soak my dock & boat top-to-bottom with a long-lasting bug spray to prevent some of this in the future.

Lastly what is a good top-coat prtector once I have this stuff cleaned off and polished?

Thanks

2. Weedhopper

Weedhopper

I race a 37 ft sailboat and we have had good luck with Boat Zoap (available at any marine supply house) and elbow grease. Our decks and topsides are white gelcoat and we have found a good coat of car wax (not on the non skid areas) is the best you can do. The best protection is a cover, good for small powerboats, but not practical for sail.

3. fsusteve

fsusteve

toilet bowl cleaner.

4. gearfrk

gearfrk

The boat detailer I go to uses Nuhull.

5. Michael Hanson

Michael Hanson

Compound it down and wax. Mike

6. ConfederateDog

ConfederateDog

I own a charter fishing company, I am always trying different cleaners on my boats. For the really hard to clean stuff I use On/Off hull and bottom cleaner. Its safe for gelcoat. It is really aggressive stuff. If you use it follow the instructions. Its an acid, use in a well venilated area. A little goes a long way. The on/off gel suck so avoid that.
    Good Luck!:beer: