Good Boat Cleaner??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had good luck with a boat cleaner that removes spider poop and bird crap from being stored in a wet slip? My boat is covered with tiny spider terds and it stained the fiberglass. FYI- it's a white boat...please advise.

Also, I'm going to spray down / soak my dock & boat top-to-bottom with a long-lasting bug spray to prevent some of this in the future.

Lastly what is a good top-coat prtector once I have this stuff cleaned off and polished?

Thanks

I race a 37 ft sailboat and we have had good luck with Boat Zoap (available at any marine supply house) and elbow grease. Our decks and topsides are white gelcoat and we have found a good coat of car wax (not on the non skid areas) is the best you can do. The best protection is a cover, good for small powerboats, but not practical for sail.

Has anyone had good luck with a boat cleaner that removes spider poop and bird crap from being stored in a wet slip? My boat is covered with tiny spider terds and it stained the fiberglass. FYI- it's a white boat...please advise.

Also, I'm going to spray down / soak my dock & boat top-to-bottom with a long-lasting bug spray to prevent some of this in the future.

Lastly what is a good top-coat prtector once I have this stuff cleaned off and polished?

Thanks

I own a charter fishing company, I am always trying different cleaners on my boats. For the really hard to clean stuff I use On/Off hull and bottom cleaner. Its safe for gelcoat. It is really aggressive stuff. If you use it follow the instructions. Its an acid, use in a well venilated area. A little goes a long way. The on/off gel suck so avoid that.
Good Luck!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom