1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Boat Cleaner???

Discussion in 'Boats' started by TX80Fan, May 27, 2007.

1. TX80Fan

TX80Fan

Has anyone had good luck with a boat cleaner that removes spider poop and bird crap from being stored in a wet slip? My boat is covered with tiny spider terds and it stained the fiberglass. FYI- it's a white boat...please advise.

Also, I'm going to spray down / soak my dock & boat top-to-bottom with a long-lasting bug spray to prevent some of this in the future.

Lastly what is a good top-coat prtector once I have this stuff cleaned off and polished?

Thanks
  2. Weedhopper

Weedhopper

I race a 37 ft sailboat and we have had good luck with Boat Zoap (available at any marine supply house) and elbow grease. Our decks and topsides are white gelcoat and we have found a good coat of car wax (not on the non skid areas) is the best you can do. The best protection is a cover, good for small powerboats, but not practical for sail.
  3. fsusteve

fsusteve

toilet bowl cleaner.
  4. gearfrk

gearfrk

The boat detailer I go to uses Nuhull.
  5. Michael Hanson

Michael Hanson

Compound it down and wax. Mike
  6. I own a charter fishing company, I am always trying different cleaners on my boats. For the really hard to clean stuff I use On/Off hull and bottom cleaner. Its safe for gelcoat. It is really aggressive stuff. If you use it follow the instructions. Its an acid, use in a well venilated area. A little goes a long way. The on/off gel suck so avoid that.
    Good Luck!:beer: