GOBI Roof Rack - 1st For an 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do they make the Gobi in Alum as well ? any pics of a dark finish?

So far this is on my short list.....minus the bling !

GOT Ladder?

Interested in some feedback on the fit of the newly added rear ladder for the 80 series. Anyone have one installed?

Installed April 30, 2013. Been to Cruise Moab, a summer of Colorado camping and passes, NM, AZ, and UT.

PHOTO 1: Weight - In the freezing temperatures of Chaco Canyon Thanksgiving morning, the liftgate struts had no problem supporting the Gobi ladder for this exceptionally cute photo of my shivering dogs. (OEM struts, replaced October 2009)

PHOTO 2: Clearance - fits under most alcoves in Canyon De Chelley.

PHOTO 3: Hydrophobic - makes your 80 easy to find after a snowfall in Taos. (Snorkel on front, ladder in back!)

PHOTO 4: Profile - does not block your view from the top of Mesa Verde to the San Juan Mountains.

PHOTO 5: Weather - handles frosty conditions with ease (I did not slip off that morning)

:D

IMG_8987.jpg

IMG_9321.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_9433.jpg

GOBI Logo Frost (1).jpg

so these racks do we have to call to get info on them, i guess i could just stop by his shop in Denver since i work down there! Did you manage to get the rack any lower once you took off your factory rack? how it the ladder? can it support your weight? could it support the weight of 2 full 5 gal gas cans? do you mind me asking how much it set you back?

so these racks do we have to call to get info on them, i guess i could just stop by his shop in Denver since i work down there! Did you manage to get the rack any lower once you took off your factory rack? how it the ladder? can it support your weight? could it support the weight of 2 full 5 gal gas cans? do you mind me asking how much it set you back?

Yes, GOBI is out in Aurora, close to I-70 by Chambers. I'd call first to make an appointment.
I would not want the rack any lower. GOBI had good reason for the height above roof. You have to be able to get under there to clean and to old bolts when you attach things, even putting hooks through the floor.
The ladder is great and I use it all the time. I would not carry full gas cans on it. One reason being that it goes up and down with the liftgate. I also would not want it bouncing up and down loaded while driving.
I thought there was pricing for these online? He sells ladders for around $200

no there isn't any pricing that i could find online and there aren't even options for 80 series roof racks on their website, but thanks for the info!

so these racks do we have to call to get info on them, i guess i could just stop by his shop in Denver since i work down there!
He installed mine, free of charge, since I drove up to Denver in the truck to pick it up :) Took them like 15 min tops to install it!

To those who have this rack, what is the height from the roof to top of the highest bar? Thinking of getting one, I just need to be sure it clears my garage.

I don't recall the height in inches, but on stock wheels/tires and OME suspension, with the GOBI stealth rack, I was able to make it in to every single parking garage. Never scratched or struck the roof. Looks close as heck through the sunroof, but never had an issue.

I recall many years ago, I did the math on the rack height and added it to the OEM truck height, and essentially you should fit in any normal parking structure, even the ones that are slightly less generous height-wise.

I'm currently on ome stock height springs with 1" spacers and 295/75R16. Looks like a may have 2-3" of height to my garage door. That's measuring from the top of the oem roof rack to the door. Gamiviti or Prinsu is good options for me if this won't work.

To those who have this rack, what is the height from the roof to top of the highest bar? Thinking of getting one, I just need to be sure it clears my garage.
I believe the top of my Stealth rack sits 8'6" off the deck (4" lift and 35" tires), and I clear my garage by a scant few inches.

My truck is at the shop but I can measure roof to top of rack this weekend

Someone liked a post today so here I am looking at this old thread. I'm still running this rack. Works great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom