Glow plug relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1983 hj47 w/2h diesel. I have replaced glow plugs and serviced injectors.
The vehicle has a hard time starting cold. The glow light stays on for a brief 3 seconds. I feel that the glow plug relays are not functioning properly. where do I go to replace them. Help!:bounce2:

Hi,

Check Ebay Australia, look for a Ebay Store by the name of Roodogs Spares. Do a search for FJ40 and look for listings from Roodogs.

When you find him check out his store front or email him, He carries that stuff, I have bought $100's of dollars off him, he's oK, well known.

Glow plug light doesn't stay on the whole time. I get 2-3 seconds of light, which seems to coincide witht the superglow time. The second relay doesn't click for about another 40-50 seconds depending on the temp outside. If you have a meter, check the bus bar to see if anything is getting through and then check the relays.

Just went through this with mine and found the relays were fine but one of the wires to the bus bar was grounding out and had melted a connector. Now I just need some new plugs and she'll be good as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom