Ginormous rear entertainment screen on the 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

r71

Threads
Anyone think it's a bit too much? Even my kids are asking if I can take it out. It just looks out of place. Anyone know if it's removable? I didn't see anything in the manual about removing.

And by the way, am I correct in referring the 2016 as series 200?

Yes it is a 200 series. It was one of the reason I bought a 2014. Although there are plenty of other nice features

Anyone think it's a bit too much? Even my kids are asking if I can take it out. It just looks out of place. Anyone know if it's removable? I didn't see anything in the manual about removing.

It's removable but it'll leave a void that you'll have to fill. There is a thread on here with pictures of the screens or a screen removed.

A picture I posted a while back in a previous thread on the topic. Removing the screen would seem to leave a very large ugly hole.

I'm hoping someone might come up with a more creative removal solution or way to fill the hole without requiring the seats to be reupolstered.

16 LC - does it come with covers for rear DVD screens?

Those screens are way overdone!

They look totally out of place. They are ridiculous.

Maybe with enough complaints, they will change this option for 2017...2018 :hmm:

Are these screens connected to the headrest or the seat itself? I had a dealer tell me today that the headrests could be replaced if the screens were undesirable. Can't be ordered without the screens obviously, but headrests can be ordered as parts and replaced. True or another oblivious dealer?

Are these screens connected to the headrest or the seat itself? I had a dealer tell me today that the headrests could be replaced if the screens were undesirable. Can't be ordered without the screens obviously, but headrests can be ordered as parts and replaced. True or another oblivious dealer?

Sheesh....
It's amazing what sorts of random "facts" dealers/salesman will throw at people...

They are definitely in the seat itself, and removing them would leave a huge, gaping void.

It is pretty amazing. First dealer i went to the salesman literally knew zero and it was evident when we got in the truck. For a first time LC owner, i just don't know what some of the icons on the buttons mean, etc. Bad news is, he didn't either. So i called another dealer... The funny part is this guy and his manager actually did a couple days of research and inquired about ordering one without the headrests, etc., and came back with 'no problem, we can order headrests without and replace them'. Painful to buy one of these trucks, that's for sure. I've owned a lexus GX and currently have a GL450 in the family and what i worry about is the lack of knowledge on the LC is one thing, if i do have an issue with it the experience after the sale with Lexus, MB, etc., is so solid i worry i'll be left out to dry with crappy toyota after-care (relatively speaking), and that just doesn't bode well for having dropped 75-80k on the vehicle... the information gap on the front end just makes the purchase experience feel like i'm buying a corolla, just x5 $$.

It is pretty amazing. First dealer i went to the salesman literally knew zero and it was evident when we got in the truck. For a first time LC owner, i just don't know what some of the icons on the buttons mean, etc. Bad news is, he didn't either. So i called another dealer... The funny part is this guy and his manager actually did a couple days of research and inquired about ordering one without the headrests, etc., and came back with 'no problem, we can order headrests without and replace them'. Painful to buy one of these trucks, that's for sure. I've owned a lexus GX and currently have a GL450 in the family and what i worry about is the lack of knowledge on the LC is one thing, if i do have an issue with it the experience after the sale with Lexus, MB, etc., is so solid i worry i'll be left out to dry with crappy toyota after-care (relatively speaking), and that just doesn't bode well for having dropped 75-80k on the vehicle... the information gap on the front end just makes the purchase experience feel like i'm buying a corolla, just x5 $$.

On the other hand... Do you know what qualifies a person to become a car salesman?
Answer: ummm....
("ummm" will do as an answer to that...)

On the THIRD hand... Most dealers only see a few of these (if that) a YEAR. Tough to be familiar with something almost no one has.

The funny thing here is... They were right! -They COULD order a headrest with no video screen...because...
==>NONE of them have video screens! ;)

well, i guess there's that!

I get that they don't move many of them, but one would think that there would be at least one person at that dealership that was tagged as a knowledge base for the flagship SUV. If even a manager... Send someone - anyone - to a training for crying out loud :)

So to close out the thread - removal is not an option without leaving a hole, in the seat, that requires re-upholstery work or other to repair.

I think if someone will come out with a hard protective cover, it won't be as bad. The factory only provides a cloth cover. I have no idea what the hell that's suppose to do, it's useless. But I got to play with it a bit and it's ok. I don't understand why they didn't make it a touchscreen. Only way to control the screen is with the remote. I really think this screen thing was an after thought. Make you really want to talk to the engineering team that got this through. Maybe he/she had a family in the screen manufacturer. I just don't get it......

The new screens are much like the ones in the Lexus at least in last years model. Think was just a carry over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom