Gear lube study (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run Amsoil Severe Gear in my LC. I'll be changing it soon and I'll send oil samples to Blackstone when I do. I'll be interested to see the results.

Yes, a good read. If we could have the same test from all manufacturers, it would be good.
Isn't there something like this from an independent test facility? Although such a thing doesn't exist, I presume.

I use Severe Gear in my LC too, but am always a bit suspicious of their tests. I'm confident they make a quality product, just not sure how it actually compares to other oils.

This white paper is also ~8 years old so YMMV.

I use Severe Gear in my LC too, but am always a bit suspicious of their tests. I'm confident they make a quality product, just not sure how it actually compares to other oils.

This white paper is also ~8 years old so YMMV.

I'm always skeptical of tests. There rarely seems to be a lack of agenda or bias in those things. The best test I know of is the one I'll do when I send my samples off for my LC.

It's crazy brands like RP failed so miserably at some tests. Marketing dept has more money then R&D.
Or the amsoil test is paid by their marketing dept, most likely.
Not doubting that amsoil has good products tho', generally.

My choice now and in the future is Amsoil and Mobile 1 as a substitute on occasion. There other good choices but these two have proved to work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom