Gauging interest in SCS F-5 Wheels in new 17x9 size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello Members!

I just wanted to chime in and say a few words. First off, we should all thank Eric for his persistent effort and eagerness to get all of this going. I need you guys to keep in mind that getting this wheel made will take some time. It is not something that can be made available in 1-2months. If I had to estimate, it will be a 4-5month process by the time we actually have wheels for you guys. We will work on the 2D and 3D model and send it off to our manufacturer. They will take it from there and run it through their engineering tests and provide us with the results. Once everything looks good, we can then proceed with the mold and build the first sample wheel.

I will need to discuss with them to see what our cost will be and finalize a unit cost for you guys. Once again, please have patience and I hope everyone that agreed to follow through will exactly follow through. If we commit to this, we expect you guys to as well.

Thanks
Vin

Last
What? I'm not sure I understand?

This thread is for people interested in getting a custom 17x9 size made, if you want 16x8 they already make that wheel and you could buy it today.
Last time I checked they were out of stock

Heeeeeyyy, 17" wheels would fit a bigger brake kit....hmmmmmm

Maybe I missed it somewhere -

Are these forged or cast?

Makes a difference since OE 16's are forged.

That was debunked. The OE wheels are cast.

I'd have sworn I saw Dan post they were forged, quoting some Toyota material.

At any rate, whatever to the OE's (appreciate it though, fwiw) - my question on these SCS wheels stands.

-Forged or Cast?

-Is there an exact price for matte gunmetal & matte bronze ones since this is further along?

Last edited:
If you read Vins post from 4 days ago, they won't know exact pricing for a while.

These wheels are cast of course. Forged wheels would be 2-3000$

Maybe in Canadian pesos :p

Seriously, without a pricetag I couldn't guess, and really anymore with the webz you find strange deals on wheels :

Case in point - these are now 18x9 & 18x10 that were NOS Corvette wheels, I had them milled to right backspace & new lips (wider, hidden stems) & custom color centers to go on my E30 M3. My price on wheels was so low you wouldn't believe.

Seriously, without a pricetag I couldn't guess, and really anymore with the webz you find strange deals on wheels :

Case in point - these are now 18x9 & 18x10 that were NOS Corvette wheels, I had them milled to right backspace & new lips (wider, hidden stems) & custom color centers to go on my E30 M3. My price on wheels was so low you wouldn't believe.

I don't really see the need for forged wheels on our trucks. I've never, in all the years I've been on this board, seen a wheel failure.
I have a set of forged Fikse wheels and a set of LM's for my car, but I don't see the point on a truck.

The wheels are cast, the debate on whether or not that is necessary doesn't really belong in this thread IMO.

I don't really see the need for forged wheels on our trucks.

The wheels are cast

All I was asking, not after a debate either - just never saw it plainly stated, all I was after.

That's great. Your example is rare. Please no more in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom