gas mileage for a 60/62?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh Yeah!

runnin 35's with 4.11's right now average 12-13 mpg 200-250 miles per tank. not quite sure how accurate that is. i'm sure it will change when the 4.88's go in. :D

Not sure if my odometer is mis-calibrated but I usually get around 15.7 to 16.1 MPG on the interstate. I firmly believe most cars have a sweet spot that allows for maximum effeciency. All I do is listen for signs of the engine working hard and I slow down a little or speed up. It is usually not too hard on longer roadtrips to do this.

Moabut said:
in maryland, my '85 gets 12 in town and 15 on the highway, cruising anywhere from 65-80mph. i run crown brand 87 octane with a header, non-usa dizz, aisin carb, no smog stuff, an electric fuel pump and 33"x10.5" BFGs.

In Colorado, my '84 gets 10-12 in town and 15-17 on the highway, cruising anywhere from 65-80mph. i run 85 or 87 octane with a stock exhaust manifold, usa dizz, aisin carb, full smog stuff, a mechanical fuel pump and 33"x10.5" BFGs.

30mpg. Down hill, tail wind, in neutral, with a JATO. That is w/out the Dilithium Crystals.

No Idea. Never bothered to figure it out. It's like a 69 Dodge RT 440, about 5gals per mile....................

Mine is an 83 FJ60 with 33's and it is timed higher so i have to put an higher octane gas. It gets around 14-15 mpg no matter what. Does anyone know how much a snorkel helps on the gas mileage?

ChuckB said:
10 no matter what... not in good tune.

finally tuned and smogged (passed that is ) :D running 31's and getting 11-12ish

WIth the 3FEI = 10-16 mpg 18 once with the vortec range 10 -16, usually 14ish no matter what I do. The things have the density of a brick and the aerodynamics of a...brick. I also drive a Tracker it get 25-30 but only hold two people and a six pack. My best mpgs are from my bike I go about 40 mile per beer/burger and I guess ipedalling helps with stress too.

peepers said:
no - friggin - way. is your odometer calcualated properly? that is great mileage and i am jealous :flipoff2:

Sounds close to mine (1989). I get 13-14 on highway, but I usually drive between 75-80. Around town is more like 11. Towing 2000lbs boat...9-10

Best ever was a few tanks @ 15 mpg right after exhaust upgrade, but gone back to usual over time...maybe time for new cap, plugs, and fix the fan clutch.

Some of you guys are like fishermen telling tall tales about gas mileage! I have an '95 FJ60 totally stock that gets 32 MPG towing a 12,000-pound horse trailer full of buffalo at 90-95 miles per hour up a mountain pass in the snow with a head wind of 10 knots and three overweight women in the back seat.

Back to reality, I get 9 in city and 12-13 on the highway.

In my daily commute I normally average anywhere between 13 and 15. This is mixed highway/city driving. However when I do straight hiway I'll get between 17 and 18. I do have a brand new top end, carb, platinum plugs, and exhaust system though, so that probably adds to it. I think these numbers are pretty good too, considering that our expedition got 14 all the time, a new H2 gets 9, and my buddy's suburban gets anywhere between 9 and 16. :D

My current '87 FJ60 gets 16+ MPG on the hiway, 13-14 in town. Numbers are corrected for odo error.
I drive at 100KPH indicated (65MPH true) max cruising speed. Drive like grandma in town.

The truck has only 120K TTAF, 2K SMOH

During the OH it got honed stock bore, polished stock crank, moly rings, oversize stainless valves, port & polish, milled for slight compression bump, desmogged per the diagram in the tech section, carb rebuilt for efficiency, distributor recurved for efficiency, new OEM exhaust, blah, blah

The truck doesn't have the huge FJ62 mirrors, ARB roof rack, winch bumper, etc.

I think it could get another 1-2 MPG w/ a header, but haven't spent the money on that yet. Not 'til something goes wrong w/ the current exh manifold & pipes. It would also help to swap the 31x10.5's for some 235/85R16, but the wheels cost money.

I avg about 11 mpg with stock tranny and 31" tires. Well tuned, Heavy stop n go So Cal driving.

I've got an 89 FJ62 and on the Seattle hills i get about 10 mpg in the city and about 13-14 mpg on the highway.

My 1990 FJ62 get between 12 and 15 mpg. I do most of my driving on the highway. Bought it last year in Phoenix and drove it to Atlanta. 75-80 mph just about the whole way and still got around 14 or 15 mpg.

If I take it easy in the city I get a little more than 10 mpg but if I don't then it is less than 9 mpg. On the freeway I get 16+ mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom