Gas Leak/Charcoal Canister? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My gas leak happens when the tank is filled and the leak is back where the tank is. In my searches I read that the CC can be the problem if it is clogged. My rig has over 287K and the hoses to the CC look like if I touch them they will crumble. My question is, Do I need to completely remove the CC to clean it out? If I do, I'll want to have all new hoses to replace the ones that are on there now.

Find the hose that comes off the motor to CC. Unplug at CC and Put a Golf tee in line. Now there is no vacuum leak to motor.
Now unplug the line that feeds the CC and leave it open to atmosphere. This will tell you if the CC is a problem.

Or your problem could be a hole on top of tank like many of us. Leaks when more than 3/4 full?

Cracked fuel tank #2

Replacing my tank today and still on fence about the vc 120 addition
image.jpeg

Find the hose that comes off the motor to CC. Unplug at CC and Put a Golf tee in line. Now there is no vacuum leak to motor.
Now unplug the line that feeds the CC and leave it open to atmosphere. This will tell you if the CC is a problem.
How will that tell me if that is the problem?

I'll have to check it. Does it make a difference if it has been sitting for a couple of days or should I check it after a drive?

Mine soes. What is that telling me?

Means that there is a vacuum in your system (or tank) which is typically the canister is not doing it's job of absorbing vapors from tank.
Unless you have plans of eliminating EGR System I would replace with the Duralast one.
Might be worth it to change hoses if your messing with it.

Means that there is a vacuum in your system (or tank) which is typically the canister is not doing it's job of absorbing vapors from tank.
Unless you have plans of eliminating EGR System I would replace with the Duralast one.
Might be worth it to change hoses if your messing with it.

Roger that. Thanks.

Sure it's not coming from the fuel filler neck pipe, that's where mine would leak from after a fill up.
It use to happen when the attendant would top off the tank. Now when I get gas I always tell the attendant to Not to top off the fill up. That is when the problem was at it's worst. Now it isn't that bad unless it is hot out and I parked my rig right after a fill up.

I thought federal law said no more topping up tanks. So, does that mean the gas station gets to repair/ replace our vapor can and/ or our fuel tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom