FZJ80 Roof Rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So Christo,

You're saying that if I can find someone who can special order from ARB the short racks are available and can be had?

Thanks,

DS -

Call Chuck at www.ok4wd.com. 908.454.6973. No affiliation, but I talked to him today and he has [glow=red,2,300]2[/glow] of the smaller ARB racks in stock. If you want one, call him fast cause some other retailer may buy them from OK unless Chuck sells them fast.

Tell him I told you to call.

2 of the 3/4 length?

"I'd perfer" to call them the 1/2 rack. I checked with the guys at OK4WD. The two that they have in stock measure 49" wide x 43" long. Both have the mesh Floor and weigh in at a hefty 100-110 lbs. I stood out in the rain with a tape measure last night and the that's a darn short little rack.

My ’93 TLC will have My Wife and I, plus our four kids, in it when we head off road... I do not want the rack to come far enough forward so that it would cover the factory Sun Roof.

With 3 kids I can tell you that a full length rack is the way to go. It's nice to fill that sucker up and still have plenty of room in the back for the trusty K9...

You can do a full length from Garvin on the cheap. Most likely half of what an ARB would cost ya. I took the advice of Pimp and got a Garvin sans floor kit and just made my own via treated plywood and a big ol cutout for the sunroof.

It's not very Bling but it works and it's pretty cheap compared to the alternative.

So Christo,

You're saying that if I can find someone who can special order from ARB the short racks are available and can be had?

Thanks,

Yes, you can special order from any ARB dealer, catch is you are not sure when they (ARB OZ) are going to include it on the container.

Hadn't really noticed that :-

Well, technically its wider, but I think (I hope really) it will "fit" with about 4 inches of overhang on each side beyond the gutters (approx 52-inches apart). Is 60 inches still wider than the the widest part of the rear half of a 80?? ???

Just refinished mine and am putting it on my 80 tonight for the first time (kept it when I sold my 40). Not positive its the same width dimensions as the ebay one, but damn it looks just like the one in the pic.

Guess I'll find out.

:beer:

FYI:

60inch wide Con-Ferr rack fits the 80.  It about 4 inches wider than the roof line (each side), but its also 6 inches narrower (each side) than the wider, lower part of the body.  The fact that the Con-Ferr racks sit on top of the mounting brackets allow the brackets to be narrower than the rack itself.   Some people may not like the way it LOOKS, but its still totally functional.

:beer:

I've located a dealer that has three 3/4 length ARB racks on order.  They should arrive in August.
- 73" x 49"
- Mesh Floor
- 120 lbs
- $460 (including mounting hardware) Retail is $580?
I have two already spoken for and I'm looking for anyone who is interested in the third to see if we can get a group discount. If you're interested please send me a PM.
Thanks,
CJ

I was under the impression that 73 inches was a "full length" :dunno: If it is not, how long is a full length? My bud's 60 has a 73 inch ARB and it sure looks full length to me.

That measurement (73) will overhang the sun roof when mounted on an 80.

Dan,
The guy said that it was the 3/4 length rack. and said the other was eighty something ( I believe it was 85 ). I have it written down at work and will check tomorrow. Oddly it was narrower than the short and what he called the 3/4 length. I was at work and didn't have a tape with me, but I verify with the guy tomorrow.

ARB sizes:
The full length rack is 87 inches.
The "3/4 " length is 73 inches.
Short rack is 43 inches.
All lengths are available in a 44 or 49 inch width, with or without a mesh floor.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom