1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

future motors...

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by tclndcrz, Aug 6, 2003.

1. tclndcrz

tclndcrz

I plan on keeping my fj62 for a very long time. I just wanted to play with the idea of swapping an engine sometime in the future. If I ever swapped an engine i would want a Toyota engine. What toyota engines can you fit in my truck. I think it would be pretty cool to put a sequoia v8 in. I love my dads acceleration and low end power. How much would it cost to pay someone to do everything. Tundra, 80 series landcruiser, 100 series??? I know there would be tons of modifications to put any of these engines in but hell...

2. dd113

dd113

Might not be as bad as you think. Trick would be to find a doner truck and get all related parts off of it. Ball park: 4K for motor and all accessories from a place like TAP recycling. Add another 3-4K to install.

3. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Ive heard it fits in quite nicely. The most difficult part is connecting up the advanced electronics to an older car.You really need to find someone with a proven background to do this. If you ever decide to go ahead with it try and source your own motor .A low klm Japanese import would be ideal and there is a few beginning to filter on to the 2nd hand market.There is also a site in Australia where someone is beginning to plant a quad cam V8 into his lg70 series landcruiser and will have similar hurdles as you will with your fj60.
    Its at outerlimit4x4.com and look under page 4 of the Bundera thread.

4. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Whoes that guy with the Toyota/Hino diesel with 575 ft/lb's of torque?
    THATS what you need. :D

5. fj55-100

fj55-100 SILVER Star

I just finished putting a 01 lc v8 in my fj55 , drives like a dream , i have some pics of the rough install on '' 4wdlow.com/fj55 '' ill try to put more current ones on there soon !!!!!!!!!!! ejenkins@keyescars.com