Fuses keep blowing for NAV/ Radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
Need some assistance here as I am not an electrical guru. The other night, I was driving home with the radio up pretty loud, jamming away, when the power to the NAV /radio suddenly stopped. I had a chance to look at it today and the CIG lighter fuse- 7.5A- was blown. I replaced it and the unit worked. About 30 minutes of drive time later, it blows again. No radio/NAV. I have a Verizon phone charger in the front cig one and a BT wireless radio plugged in the center console one. I have used both of these for 6 months without problems. Apparently I have a draw that is blowing the fuse but not sure what/where to look. Searching didn't bring much up.

Has anyone seen this or can give assistance on how to diagnose the problem?

Normally the lack of reply simply means; “no idea what the problem is”.
It does not make any sense everybody has to reply, that they don’t know.

Normally the lack of reply simply means; “no idea what the problem is”.
It does not make any sense everybody has to reply, that they don’t know.

Yes, thanks, I am very aware of that. I was being facetious, it was a joke.

Also, FWIW, the NAV unit on these seems to be the least known item on these 100s. I searched and found very few knowledgable threads. I get it, it's a black box and better left sending it in to gurus. Which I will do when/if that occurs.

I am having the same problem above in my 2004 LC with navigation, except for a few things.

I was driving down the road a few days ago listening to music with navigation idle, BT phone connected and my vais BT music playing. BT phone and vais disconnected but display screen and nav still on. I did what I always do and at redlight stop and turn off car then restart because that is easiest way to reconnect everything while on road and only have a few short seconds of stopping and concentration. Turned car back on and display unit and time/temp screen stayed black. I went through all fuses and found cigarette lighter fuse out, changed all others that would be involved. Started car and everything fired up. Drove down the road and system shut off again. Cigarette lighter fuse changed but it was still good and all other fuses I changed were still good and even swapped them again. Display will not come on again. I do not use cigarette lighter or any other ports for charging or any accessories. I even attempted to remove and replace disc to navigation but I cannot seem to get disc out with unit off. I even disassembled the cente console to unplug the cig lighter in case it had a short. I even removed display unit from dash to check all connections coming into it.

Any help would be appreciated as I am puzzled and do not want to replace my display unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom