Fuse box question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
Iam working on the wiring on my 1977 FJ40, and it has a fuse box that looks like this. I stole this photo from a ebay listing.

Can any one tell me the order from top to bottom of the fuses. Mine does not have a cover, and it's installed in my truck with the small fuse on the bottom. Also - where can I buy that small fuse???

Thanks - Mark
0449_1.JPG

5A Radio
15A Lighter
15A Tail lamp
15A Headlamp
15A Stop lamp
20A Turn signal/Wiper
15A Heater
10A Engine

Mark-

This list is arranged as you would see your fuse block configured in your Land Cruiser...

Any decent auto parts store should not have a problem getting you that 5A radio fuse.

:beer:

Last edited:
So normally. the radio fuse would be on top? So the PO has mounted mine upside down?

thanks for the info - this help! ;)

No, the (radio) small fuse is on the bottom. I think that you can see ‘top’ in that picture, and I would bet that yours has that on it as well.

I corrected my post as I was confused and mis-read your initial post.

No, the (radio) small fuse is on the bottom. I think that you can see ‘top’ in that picture, and I would bet that yours has that on it as well.

I corrected my post as I was confused and mis-read your initial post.

Poser, can you re-confirm the order from top to bottom? From my Toyota Manual, it appears to be completely different order, with Headlights at the bottom instead of Radio:

fuse_block_crop.jpg

Is 82600-60901 the correct part #?

Anyone else with the answer please jump in. Thanks!

Iam working on the wiring on my 1977 FJ40, and it has a fuse box that looks like this. I stole this photo from a ebay listing.

Can any one tell me the order from top to bottom of the fuses. Mine does not have a cover, and it's installed in my truck with the small fuse on the bottom. Also - where can I buy that small fuse???

Thanks - Mark
View attachment 220999

Mark, the fuse block cover shown in that E-Bay pic is not for that fuse block. Here is a pic of the cap for your fuse block.
fuse panel cover.jpg

Here is the layout on my 77. I made this card and laminated it to keep in my wallet. But a cover would sure be nice if someone started making them.
fuse block.jpg

It's from a 1978, I believe that is the ONLY year with that layout with the small Radio fuse...

And some ####head always pipes up trying to prove others are wrong...

Here's my July 1979:
FuseBlock1.jpg
FuseBlock2.jpg

And this is my '78 (general market)
DSC01175.JPG and cover fuse panel cover_text.JPG

Rudi

this is the kind of thread that makes MUD the great resource that it is :cheers:

Yep, soon as you state something as a fact someone will come along and "school" you! ;) I added Toms pic to my collection...

Here's the back of the 79 panel.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426527747.095175.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom