Fuel Pump & Carb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1980 ( february) FJ45 does not have the original carb on it and 3 line fuel pump with return . I would like to go back to stock or at least back to Toyota. I have 75, 77 and 78 carbs which have the return line from the carb and 2 line fuel pumps that I know I could use but I am just wondering if anyone can tell me if a 3 line FP and single line carb is stock for this year?
c1 (Medium).JPG
fp2 (Medium).JPG

79+ would have 3 lines at the fuel pump

...and one on the carb

...and one on the carb
Thanks. A Coulpe more questions.
Were the original carbs problematic? Just wondering why the PO would have changed to the GM carb. The linkage the PO made for the GM carb is pretty mickey mouse so I am going to have to do something about that anyway. Would the linkage for the original single line carb be the same as the older carbs with the return line?

Thanks. A Coulpe more questions.
Were the original carbs problematic? Just wondering why the PO would have changed to the GM carb. The linkage the PO made for the GM carb is pretty mickey mouse so I am going to have to do something about that anyway. Would the linkage for the original single line carb be the same as the older carbs with the return line?
I had a 1976 carburetor on my 2F and it worked fine, except when idle circuit got clogged very easy (probably due to leaks in air cleaner assembly) that being said, my original carburetor on my FJA 40 ran fantastic up to 90mph in a straight line until I was at about 10,000 feet elevation and 20° weather....it definitely needed the carb warmer to keep the fuel from icing up at low speed. These issues could be "problemematic" for ANY carb if you are pushing the limits of seasonal travel

I had a 1976 carburetor on my 2F and it worked fine, except when idle circuit got clogged very easy (probably due to leaks in air cleaner assembly) that being said, my original carburetor on my FJA 40 ran fantastic up to 90mph in a straight line until I was at about 10,000 feet elevation and 20° weather....it definitely needed the carb warmer to keep the fuel from icing up at low speed. These issues could be "problemematic" for ANY carb if you are pushing the limits of seasonal travel
40 is a 74 with a 1.5F and my 2F in the LPB is a rebuilt 72 carb

Thanks Vintiij74. Are you saying you put a 76 carb with 2 lines on a 79 or later 2F that originaly had a single line carb? If so did you change your fuel pump to a 2 line from a 3 line or did you tee the return line from the carb into the return line at the fuel pump? Wasn't sure if the latter would work?

huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom