For Sale FS: EMS POWERED Inventory. Lots of stuff! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I run a Toyota MR2 specialty shop up near Cincinnati, Ohio. A few weeks ago we worked out a deal to purchase ALL of EMS Powereds left over inventory. We purchased it mainly for the MR2 specific parts that Baktash had in stock, but it also came with a lot of Land Cruiser parts.

The problem i have is that even after doing a lot of searching, i'm having trouble figuring out which parts fit which models/years. All of the links through EMS powered are no longer active, so finding pictures of complete exhaust systems has been hard.

We also posses all of the fabrication jigs to keep making these parts in the future, if this is something we feel like is worthwhile to us. We also do exhaust fabrication in house, but we honestly have little to no experience with the land cruiser market.

In the meantime, i was hoping we could get some help on figuring out exactly which pipes we have, fit which cars, if that makes sense. All of the jigs received are not market, so we are not sure which sections go to which cars.

I'll post a bunch of photos of some of the stuff we have, and hopefully someone can help us out! We are also going to be selling all of the finished pieces (turbo manifold, exhausts, intake pipes, etc.) for cheaper than EMS was when new, just so we can move some of the stuff and clear out some much needed room in our shop.

I will post a few pictures below to show you some of what we have. If anyone has any photos of their EMS exhaust systems off of the car, that would be great!

-Ty

Photos!

ems pipes1.jpg

ems pipes 2.jpg

20141024_140745.jpg

20141024_140835.jpg

Go to the 80 series tech forum and search for EMS Exhaust. You'll find a ton of threads with pictures. You'll also find alot of complaints about EMS.

Tucker, what did that full setup usually sell for, price wise? We are just looking into the idea of using the jigs to still be able to offer you guys these exhaust systems in the future if the pricing is right. I can tell by looking at the jigs, that it takes a lot of material/welding/time to make each exhaust, so i just wanted to see what type of pricing these were offered for to see if its feasible for us.

if you have any coated land cruiser engine heat shields, please PM me.

Ty if you have any exhaust systems for a 92 cruiser (3FE) engine. I would be interested.

There were a couple of complaints about these systems, first the hard mounting points resulted in lots of vibration and broken mounting tabs. Secondly, when you put a free-flowing exhaust on a 1FZ-FE you essentially have a 4.5L version of a 2JZ which is really loud. There were a lot of complaints about the muffler selection and lack of resonator, a problem EMS tried many times to correct w/o a lot of luck. The only other complaint I've heard was the quality of the stainless ...

These went for $800-$1200 depending on muffler/resonator options and finish IIRC.

Tucker

Last edited:
Guys, I would recommend cutting the crosstalk. If the seller or buyers want to research, they indeed can. I daresay that if this gentleman bought out EMS entire stock based on his knowledge from another forum, he did so with full knowledge of Baktash's product and service. The number one complaint with EMS was their customer service, which is now a non factor (unless you had a warranty through EMS...) I'm sure the seller will present any buyer with representative warranty statement, if any, and actually deliver the parts.

If you don't want to figure out the Land cruiser pieces pm me and I will buy all of the land cruiser specific pieces if the price is reasonable.

oh man i want a turbo manfold for future use :D

I paid $1200 for a single cat, magnaflow muffler in stainless steel...It has been on my 96 LX450 for 2 years now. After 2 years, the stainless pipes look just as bad as the original 1996 exhaust system that came off the truck after 16 years of use. I have had 2 mounts break off at the welds on the pipe which has resulted in two manifold gasket failures. Not to mention the in cab sound is horrific. And that's after a trip to Austin to have Baktasht weld in a baffle and a hi-flow resonator. My experience with the product you have on your hands is that it is, hands down, the worst product I have EVER purchased for any of my vehicles. I'd replace this exhaust system with OEM parts if I had the money to. Beware selling this junk, you might have unhappy customers. I can only assume this poor quality product is what lead Baktasht out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom