Front Rotors/Calipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting ready to do the front axle service, and figure I might as well do the front rotors, new brake lines and fluid, and rebuild the calipers while I'm at it.

Does anyone have any experience with Slee's slotted/cross-drilled rotors? I know the issues with rocks and dirt getting stuck in the holes, but I honestly don't do much wheeling. For those of you that have them, have you noticed any increase in performance or longevity over OEM?

Also how difficult is the caliper rebuild/brake line replacement? Both are something I have never done before.

I can't speak to Slee's rotors -- I've put OEM on both times I've replaced mine. :)

I do have Slee's stainless brake lines (both frame to axle and axle to caliper). They're great. Firmer braking, no worries about decade-old rubber, and accommodates larger lift.

There are various writeups on rebuilding the calipers. Check the FAQ and search. When I did mine, I had 3 badly seized pistons on my front passenger caliper. I ended up replacing both front calipers with Toyota reman's from CDan. The reman's were from pre-95 80's, because post-95 Toyota only offers new. The reman's fit and work great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom