1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friends heep

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Mavric1298, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Mavric1298

Mavric1298

Ok, so now that i posted about my car, now time to post about my friends car. He pulled me to my school parking lot via a tow strap, it was attached to his rear tow hook. After we got her into the parking lot he drove me home. Now his car has a weird bump noise, that isnt engine related. It doesnt get worse when you brake, but when you make a sharp u-turn the car jerks. Also when you are cruising straigh at 20mph it can be barly heard/felt comming from the front end. anyone?!?!? jeep cher. 98

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

So its coming from the front end? Is it a cyclical vibration or does it have punctuated BUMP noises. &nbsp:Does it feel like a thud, or what? By jerk what do you mean?

3. Mavric1298

Mavric1298

Its cyclical, about once a second at 20mph. It can slightly be felt as a thud, and can be heard as a soft thud too

4. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Does it matter which way the cherokee is turned for it to make the loud noise as you described? And it started immediatly after hauling your cruiser to school? Sounds like something is rubbing or bumping on the front end, crawl under and really look around to see if you can find any clues. I can't imagine what adverse effect pulling a car with a tow strap would have on the front end? ???

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Grand or sport?
    Did he put it in 4wd to tow you?

Hope nobody saw you on the end of a strap pushing a Heep. :D

6. Mavric1298

Mavric1298

sport, yes in 4wd to get outta the gravel, but 2wd on pavement, and nobody saw, but the whole school heard when i started her up to get her into a parking spot :stupid:

7. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

It's possible that a problem that was there but unnoticed is now showing itself because it was put into fwd. Auto locking hub not disengaging, front u-joints, axle joints, something like that.