friends heep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so now that i posted about my car, now time to post about my friends car. He pulled me to my school parking lot via a tow strap, it was attached to his rear tow hook. After we got her into the parking lot he drove me home. Now his car has a weird bump noise, that isnt engine related. It doesnt get worse when you brake, but when you make a sharp u-turn the car jerks. Also when you are cruising straigh at 20mph it can be barly heard/felt comming from the front end. anyone?!?!? jeep cher. 98

So its coming from the front end? Is it a cyclical vibration or does it have punctuated BUMP noises. &nbsp:Does it feel like a thud, or what? By jerk what do you mean?

Its cyclical, about once a second at 20mph. It can slightly be felt as a thud, and can be heard as a soft thud too

Does it matter which way the cherokee is turned for it to make the loud noise as you described? And it started immediatly after hauling your cruiser to school? Sounds like something is rubbing or bumping on the front end, crawl under and really look around to see if you can find any clues. I can't imagine what adverse effect pulling a car with a tow strap would have on the front end? ???

sport, yes in 4wd to get outta the gravel, but 2wd on pavement, and nobody saw, but the whole school heard when i started her up to get her into a parking spot :stupid:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom