Free EMSPowered 100- Series Exhaust

Discussion in 'Merchandise Storefront' started by baktasht, Sep 17, 2012.

1. baktasht

baktasht

I've had 15+ people in the last week asking me what makes our EMSPowered 100-series exhaust better than the DT exhaust. I keep explaining, but at this point with so many people interested in a solid comparison I'd like to do a back to back dyno test. If anyone in the Central Texas area is already getting a DT exhaust and would like a free EMSPowered 100-series exhaust contact me. The exhaust in question is here: http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/617693-100-series-cat-back-exhaust.html

I hope that this is a good baseline and good solid data for the community.

Details:

* We'll need your truck for about 1.5-2 days.
    * You'll receive a free EMSPowered
    * You'll receive free installation of your new EMSPowered exhaust
    * Your truck will be dyno'd with your DT exhaust
    * Your truck will be dyno'd again with your new EMSPowered exhaust
    * You'll get to pick up your truck with your new EMSPowered exhaust installed, and the old DT exhaust in the trunk :steer:

Requirements:

* You must have your DT exhaust either installed or with you
    * You must have a properly running truck with no check engine codes
    * Your truck can be stock or supercharged or headers, any combos work as long as it's all working properly

If you're interested send me a PM or email me baktasht@emspowered.com
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY

I dont qualify, but do you have a sound clip?
  3. baktasht

baktasht

Yup... From the other thread:

I'll try and get better sound clips for you guys next time we get one installed on a local truck. These are the only clips I have at the moment, as you can see the exhaust is not loud or obnoxious in any way. When standing at the front or side of the truck you can't really even tell that there's a performance exhaust installed, the engine is louder than the exhaust. It's only standing at the rear that you can hear the difference. And keep in mind that these sound clips are without a silencer/resonator. If you want it super quiet, you have the option of getting the exhaust with our silencer/resonator installed. Wear some headphones or listen to these with some good speakers. It's VERY hard to judge the sound properly on a laptop or phone:

http://youtu.be/kHuSQLNA4g4

and

http://youtu.be/1t3wtox3uIo
  4. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY

how about interior resonance? I love exhaust systems but I also have a high quality stereo system and don't want the exhaust competing with the stereo.
  5. baktasht

baktasht

I'll see if the owner of this truck can swing by the shop and let us take a few more sound clips for you guys.
  6. no-pistons

no-pistons

Awesome deal! :cheers:
  7. Ziiro87

Ziiro87

I was the first customer that got the exhaust custom at the first place. I love every moments sitting in my truck listen to that roaring sound from my new exhaust. When the truck start I felt the power bursting trough from the Magnaflow muffler to the 3" exhaust pipe. The original 2"s were replaced with 2.5" in the front and 3" at the final end; at idle it felt like normal exhaust (window roll up inside the truck), but everything change when I put my foot down. It's turn into a different animal especially when it reach 1800s and up. This exhaust system make it own distinctive noise, it's not too loud or over done like those diesel trucks out there. To me this exhaust system is money well spent and I can't wait for EMS power new turbo system for the 100's. EMS power rock!
  8. Ziiro87

Ziiro87

EMSPowered 100-series exhaust, it's can't get better.

Hey y'all, I'm new here...

I just got exhaust system done on my 100s by EMS Power and the owner told me about this forum.
    I love every moments in my truck right now; this exhaust system is money well spent, muffler music rock...!

Ziiro
  9. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY

Awesome, and welcome. Can you post some sound clips? I'm very interested in interior clips too.
  10. 04UZJ100

04UZJ100

No video, thread fail.
  11. I'm sorry but you can't claim to be an independent reviewer if you just joined the forums and have no other posts unrelated to this exhaust. For all we know you are/work for the manufacturer.

12. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Just one EMS exhaust thread please and thanks.
  13. baktasht

baktasht

There are video clip links in post #3
  14. Gottagetone

Gottagetone

Anyone have a DT exhaust that I can borrow and not return? Im in Austin, have a 100, have been on the forum for a while, I fit all the requirements but dont have an exhaust to give them other than my stock one......
  15. baktasht

baktasht

We don't keep the DT exhaust. You keep it.
  16. phsycle

phsycle

Hate to be the glass half empty poster here, but really, what's an exhaust (no matter what brand) going to really do for you, other than sound? Maybe your 0-60 and 1/4 mile time will improve by 0.0001%, but that's about it. I hope no one's getting an exhaust hoping for super power gains.
  17. baktasht

baktasht

What is a lift, what are big tires, why go offroad, why go mudding or rock crawling, why install a winch, why install a nicer stereo system? All have gains in some way or other that are hard to quantify for someone that doesn't care about that particular gain, but for someone that does care it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. With modifying vehicles every person is different in what they want out of their customized vehicle. You can't judge one person because it's not what you'd do, it's just different strokes for different folks.
  18. Gottagetone

Gottagetone

Then I take my statement back, I will return it!
  19. phsycle

phsycle

I wasn't criticizing anyone for getting one. I merely said you shouldn't expect to get anything other than "sound of real power gains" out of it. These are 5,000lb+ vehicles making less than 300hp (unless you're FI). Adding an exhause and netting (being generous here) 10HP isn't going to do anything, performance wise. But if you like the rumble, go nuts! :) Good luck with sales.
  20. lhommec13

lhommec13

Would you consider just buying the DT exhaust yourself and then selling it to one of us after the experiment is done? You'd still come out ahead since you're getting the EMS exhaust (along with installation) for free. Seems like a no-brainer, unless I'm missing something...