1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

frame work

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by chaka, May 20, 2003.

1. chaka

chaka

hello everyone,

finding more rust than i thought on my '80 fj. 90% of the frame is good, but a couple spots could probably use some work. What is a typical hourly rate for frame work? sandblasting? just curious... places around here (Wash DC) have a tendency to rob you blind.

Chaka

2. kc_chevota

kc_chevota SILVER Star

here in kansas city i got my whole frame sand blasted for 125 and they did a good job only missed a couple of spots

3. MD11Fr8Dog

MD11Fr8Dog CM09 Eight Ball winner

I think I spent a couple hundred on getting my frame sandblasted and painted! Not a bad job overall, but could have been better inside the rails! Overall, though, I thought it was okay for the price I paid!

4. Junk

Junk

Last quote I got in NJ was $225 for just blasting. &nbsp:Decent price considering from what I heard they do a good yob.

5. Gus

Gus SILVER Star

Media:
    I paid $500 to have my roling chassis (frame, axles & steering), hood and a few other small body parts blasted, it sounds a little pricey but the results were worth it. :G

6. bernefj60

bernefj60

hey, i'm in DC, too. YOu should come to the club meetings. bring your cruiser, we'll take a look. As for sand blasting, i don't know of anyone local who does it, but there might be others at the meeting who do.

we've got a trail ride planned soon, so come to the june meeting. we meet on the first wednesday of every month at Fuddruckers in alexandria on dule street.

email me for more info.

rob