Fox IFP Shocks for the 80, Available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am still thinking about pulling the trigger on the 2.0 IFP but don't know what length to get. I'm running 850j in the front and 863 in the rear, should I go for the 1-2.5" or 3-4" lift setup? My rig is a DD and I don't plan on gong any taller but never say never right:)

Well I just placed my order, picked up the longer ones. $416 total shipped from auto anything (coupon feb20) but you have to search for them as a 2000 landcruiser.

Part Number from Fox's website for a 89-97 land cruiser.
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Front 1-2.5" 985-24-070
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Front 3-4" 985-24-076
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Rear 1.5-2.5" 985-24-073
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Rear 3-5" 985-24-087

They do 20% off really often. Probably already doing it again. If not, they will w/in a couple days.

i tried searching for them with the part number and it didnt find it.. How are people finding them?

Well I just placed my order, picked up the longer ones. $416 total shipped from auto anything (coupon feb20) but you have to search for them as a 2000 landcruiser.

Part Number from Fox's website for a 89-97 land cruiser.
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Front 1-2.5" 985-24-070
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Front 3-4" 985-24-076
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Rear 1.5-2.5" 985-24-073
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series 4WD 1997-1989 Rear 3-5" 985-24-087
Let us know how they compare to your OME L shocks!

Thanks for the heads up superjuice, going to give the Fox IFP a try.

Autoanything 20% off coupon code is DAY20 and is good through 3/8/15

I just got a dear John letter, hope it ends well;)

Dear John,

We know you're excited about your recent purchase.

However, your order #xxxxxxxx was delayed due to reasons beyond our control, and your shipping date has been revised. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Here's your revised shipping information:
FOX 2.0 Performance Series Smooth Body IFP Shocks (Qty: 2)

Revised Shipping Date:3/23/2015

FOX 2.0 Performance Series Smooth Body IFP Shocks (Qty: 2)

Revised Shipping Date:3/23/2015
As soon as your order ships we'll send you an email notification.

To the ride ahead,

Your AutoAnything Team

I've heard of Auto Anything pulling this crap before. Try autoaccessoriesgarage.com

Glad I checked this thread again. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on them from autoanything. Decided it was worth the extra $15/shock to get them soon and ordered some rears from downsouth off of ebay.

is there a trick to finding the options outside of 0-1" lift on autoanything? that's all it's giving me, along with a part number of 985-24-066. This is under a search for a 2000 land cruiser. wondering if perhaps they're sold out of the longer ones at this point (based on the dear john letter).

I just received a shipment notification, shocks should be here tomorrow:)

No, no trick to finding mine. I just searched for shocks for a 2000 land cruiser and chose from the front and rear options by matching up the part numbers from the fox website.

I had called customer service to see if they sold the part numbers I was looking for and that's how I was told to search for them. I also had called to see why the coupon code wasn't being applied and was told it didn't work for FOX products.

I was surprised when it worked with the new coupon code so I posted it up. Just saying it might not work with the next one.

Last edited:
I finally got around to documenting the install (3-5" versions on 850J/863 lift) and I have to say the ride is much firmer. I had a heck of a time even compressing the shocks for installation. I would say the rears in particular took at least 100lbs of force to compress. I actually used huge zip ties to hold them in compression while positioning them. I set up a scissor jack just under the lower mounts and cut the ties then guided the shock into position.

The rear shocks came with a large rubber washer loose in the box which I placed on the lower mount before the shock. I don't think its needed as the shock bushing is being compressed by the washer/bolt in the front. I will probably pull the lowers off and remove this washer at some point. Don't laugh but it took 7 hours start to finish due to the difficulty I had compressing them along with sanding and painting the rear tower mounts. Living in the rust belt sucks when it comes to vehicle maintenance.

I swear my truck is riding a half inch higher now but I can't find my notebook containing the last measurements I had. By comparison off the truck, the OME L shocks would compress with little effort, softer ride for sure.

They've been on for two weeks and I really like the ride, I feel low speed bumps a bit more but road manners have increased around town, on back roads, and on the highway. I think the rears may be a tad long, I'll have to flex them to see but the rear shocks might bottom out before hitting the extended bump stops. FOX did install rubber bushings on the shafts in case this happens. All in all I'm very happy with the outcome:)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom