Forum Photos: Trail Rides, Events, & Misc. Other (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A pinecone stuck between tranny and tranny guard.

Pat

Anyone going to Mardi - Krawl April 10 - 13 ?

Louisiana LandKrewesers put it on , I hear its a pretty good event . I'll be heading down on the 11th early morning .

Luis good time to burn up that vacation time and have some fun in Alabama .

I'll have to skip this one. Will make GSMTR though.
Hope to see you at GSMTR

Hello FLCA !!

Just got home from Mardi Krawler 14 .

If you have never been to Hawk Pride Mountain , AL you need to plan a trip . It's one hell of a place .

The La Land Krewsers put on one heck of an event . We had Cajun food Friday night with live music (band) and all you care to eat BBQ Saturday night . Also had a huge raffle Saturday night . Wheelin was wonderful , the was great and the beer was cold . Might want to pencil in attending Mardi Krawl 15 next year .

Miss ya all , I will see who ever is coming to GSMTR next month . Unless anyone is planning on coming up for Trail Fest the weekend of May 2 at Adventure Off Road Park .

Damn I wish I had more time to get out! That sounds like a terrific time...

Damn I wish I had more time to get out! That sounds like a terrific time...
Carter, I was at the 1st annual Mardi Krawl and while it was a cool event, and it is a cool park, I'd recommend riding shotgun your first time around to see if you really want to spend all the time and moola getting your LC there. That place seemed to me to lean heavily towards rigs that don't mind body damage. And God forbid it gets wet; it's a lot like Golden Mountain in that respect. IE - There's a saying I don't think I'll ever forget, spoken by the wise and fearless leader of Appalachia Cruisers many moons ago: "When it rains at Golden Mountain, I think it rains Astroglide" - Rance. PRICELESS! (and, figuratively speaking, quite true)

Carter, I was at the 1st annual Mardi Krawl and while it was a cool event, and it is a cool park, I'd recommend riding shotgun your first time around to see if you really want to spend all the time and moola getting your LC there. That place seemed to me to lean heavily towards rigs that don't mind body damage. And God forbid it gets wet; it's a lot like Golden Mountain in that respect. IE - There's a saying I don't think I'll ever forget, spoken by the wise and fearless leader of Appalachia Cruisers many moons ago: "When it rains at Golden Mountain, I think it rains Astroglide" - Rance. PRICELESS! (and, figuratively speaking, quite true)

Thanks for the insight Steve...

One of these days I wanna go around in the Geko for sure.

Thanks for the insight Steve...

One of these days I wanna go around in the Geko for sure.
She won't be back on the east coast for at least three years, but if you wanna see Rubicon or Moab in the next few years, I plan on making it to both trails at least once while I'm a smidge closer out here. I suspect I'll have a few friends that may be interested in riding shotgun on those epic trails so there could end up being a lottery of sorts, or I may have to auction off my spare seat, but however it works out, I'll always have room for a passenger initially. haha

Here's a few videos from GSMTR as I get time to process them...

One from me on Trail 22. In my defense, I was playing with my new toys. Tried to go up it in RWD. No go. Tried 4WD. No go. Then I had to put on the rear locker and it finally went.

I was also trying to not hit the kid who parked his bike right beside this part of the trail for some reason...

And this is Danny going up:

A little ride-along with Luis in his 40 on the same part:

A quick shot of the windmills... man those things are HUGE!

Last edited:
Carter, Thou shalt not listen to the advice of the newbies. Thou brass balls were given to you by the Master. Thou shalt not ride shotgun with thou guilded brass balls. I love my Appalachie folks more than you'll ever know but thou shalt not heed their warning. Go forth and show them what thou hast learned!

Carter, Thou shalt not listen to the advice of the newbies. Thou brass balls were given to you by the Master. Thousshalt not ride shotgun with thou gilded brass balls. I love my Appalachie folks more than you'll ever know but thou shalt not head their warning. Go forth and show them what thou hast learned!

:cheers:

Thanks Archie :)

But if there's one thing I learned on this trip to GSMTR, it's that I'm really happy with all the mods I've done to the truck. And now I hope to be able to enjoy them for a while and not keep messing with things constantly!!!

So maybe sometime down the road she won't have much of a body left (wait, what?) and I can have a lot more fun... but for now shotgun up Trail 3 might be the ticket...

You won't have ant problem with 3.

Thought that would get a rise out of Steve...he must not be on line. For the record...but don't tell him...he's one of the best wheelers I know!

Here's one of me pulling a cable to get up the hard part on 16....

Thought that would get a rise out of Steve...he must not be on line. For the record...but don't tell him...he's one of the best wheelers I know!
I was just about to go offline when I saw this Archie, but I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic, or if you'd maybe gotten 3 confused with some other trail. haha. Trail 3's exit area, from the stream up to the gravel, is a great place to play, with multiple lines and multiple obstacles. It also has pretty good viewing opportunities for those who aren't as inclined to push their rigs to the breaking point and play daredevil on that tippy spot.

And who is this "best wheeler" guy you speak of? I'd like to meet him and get some tips. :steer: ;)

Here's a chance to come back up .

Adventure Off Road ( near south Pittsburg , Tn ) is have a 4th of July Blast . Starts July 3rd and ends on the 5th or 6th . Just in case someone was interested .

Also ga cruisers is going up to that park on the weekend of the 21st of this month if anyone else wants to come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom