Forum Members Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
We are making a new FAQ. The purpose of this thread is to show your Sliders. There will be others for Bumpers, Lifts, etc.

Here is what you need to do. Post 1 or 2 pics of your bumper and state if it is a Slee, Hanna, Self Made, etc.

DO NOT ADD POSTS COMMENTING ON OTHERS BUMPERS.

1 User 1 Post - including pic.

Lets give this a try and see how it comes out

Slee Step Sliders

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Slee Step Sliders with Slee caps to tie into front fender flare. Love the sliders but the caps don't seem to hold up very well. I don't think the rubber is very UV stable and they are torn easily when wheeling.
DSCN7304.JPG
DSCN7287.JPG
DSCN6732.jpg

Ken Hanna's Sliders.
Slider Install 2005 10.JPG
Slider Install 2005 11.JPG

Hanna Quality sliders- showing HQ's trademark catalytic converter protection
P1010005.1.jpg
P1010004.3.jpg

HQ sliders showing nicely tucked up
Image-1B56D69F888C11DA.jpg
Image-1B549AE5888C11DA.jpg
HQS.jpg

Last edited:
here - mine by me

weld on w/cat protection
attachment.php

Mine are still a work in progress, they are made of 2x2 3/16 square tube for the outriggers and slider. The step and step outrigger is made of 1x2 3/16. The mount to the frame has not yet been finished, I started by bolting them to the frame but I don't think that will be strong enough. It will be a 3/16 flat stock wrap around unit. As soon as I get them finished a freind of mine will be powder coating them black.

Chad P.
slider 3 102.jpg
slider 3 003.jpg
chad's sliders 303.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine, just like Gumby's (although I had mine first :D) Home made weld on's but again the kick out is key. It's saved my quarter panel many many times, and for very foresty area's I love em. I think total cost was about $200 and time spent making them around 15 hours. (first time learning how to weld) <- and the welds are still going strong. Oh and they're great for standing on to wash the roof.

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

MY custom sliders I am thinking od changing them some.
sliders.jpg
sliders4.jpg
sliders5.jpg

Man-A-Fre / 4Plus

Man-A-Fre/4Plus slides
IMG_4024.jpg

Here are my homemade sliders/door protectors. These are basically George's design with a few modifications...3/16" all around, addition of outter bar acts as door protection, bigger u-bolts, and custom rattle canned.
7.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg

Link Sliders... Used Abused and Loved,,,

Last edited:
I went with the offerings from Solid Rock Offroad. Love 'em. the front control arm mounting bracket is a work of pure genius. I chose the weld on versions over the bolt on version because I didn't like the way the bolt on versions creaked on my 60.

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Hanna sliders.

dsc06493-132_525.jpg

dsc06495-165_525.jpg

Solid Rock OffRoad

I also decided to go with the Solid Rock Off Road sliders. Just received them yesterday. Here's a pic of them. I'll post a mounted pic later. As Doc previously stated, the front mount to the control arm bracket is slick.

I chose to go this route as Jim at SROR was one of the few out there that said he could build a set for the 91 FJ80. They went on easily and fit is superb.

I opted to have the outer bars horizontal, vice angled up as the family did use the PO running boards as a step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom