1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Ranger Tank

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by citabria, Aug 31, 2003.

1. citabria

citabria

Somewhere I heard or read that a Ford Ranger Tank will fit where the traditional auxiliary tank would go in the back of the frame of an FJ-40. Anyone know if this is correct and if it is, what year Ranger?

2. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Dunno about a Ranger, but I got good advice about a Sidekick/Tracker tank fitting back there not too long ago.
    I've got an early beetle tank back there myself.

3. bodacious

bodacious

go with the sidekick/tracker tank.. fits like a glove.. but only gives you 11 gals.. but it has an intank pump. and it fits nice and tight.. so no departure angle probs...the best imo

4. bodacious

bodacious

5. 72tlcnelson

72tlcnelson

[quote author=bodacious link=board=1;threadid=4847;start=msg36915#msg36915 date=1062465500]
    go with the sidekick/tracker tank.. fits like a glove.. but only gives you 11 gals.. but it has an intank pump. and it fits nice and tight.. so no departure angle probs...the best imo
    [/quote]

What year sidekick/tracker? How'd you run switching from tank to tank...assuming you still run with the original gas tank...

6. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I was going to run the beetle tank as an aux tank, but needed the space in the cab for my cage and to lower the seats. I was going to just run a transfer pump and always run the primary fuel pump off of the front tank.