For Sale @ High Desert Cruisers (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i thought the same thing...this isn't the group for something that new...or w/ IFS.:D

Some of those IFS FJ Cruisers outclimbed a built and locked 60 n Ruidoso...

Last edited:
i thought the same thing...this isn't the group for something that new...or w/ IFS.:D

Uh-hem... I happen to have a 100 series, w/IFS, though that is definitely out of my price range for a vehicle. For that much, I would buy a diesel troopy, an fj40, an fj80, and still have money left over to mod them all out like crazy.

In my opinion, 80's are the perfect family wagon. Extremely rugged and durable - well, they're built to e.g. travel across Africa without pavement... With a Jeep or Land Rover you would need helicopter support for parts...

There's occasionally a built 80 for sale on the national market - they typically go for book plus half of aftermarket expenditures... That said, I think my ideal rig for just the two of us would be an SAS'd 3rd Gen 4Runner with about 5 inches of lift and 35's... If you really like your 100 you could put an 80 front diff under it and make it an aftermarket 105...

*That* said, our old 40 sure is a lovable creature - needs both shorter and taller gears, AC, and a lot better mpg's though!

i joke about the IFS thing, but i know many IFS rigs are very good. i had a 3rd gen 4runner that was great stock. just bustin' some chops of close friends and painted it w/ too broad of a brush. so no offense to all our IFSers.:D

TowBar For Sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: Nice folding towbar and mount- I was going to use it for the 40 but never got around to it .
PM for details-

David

On Oct 31 I'm gonna know WHERE DA GOLD AT!

:cheers:

Gold might not be in my bank, but I have had ENOUGH.

David - What's next?

Evan

I will be joining an established local PM me for answer! sorry-

An Ambulance that'll need a tow

Only $30k in Edgewood. Seats 4+, sleeping for 1...
hummer rescue.jpg
hummer rescue side.jpg

Received this from the website.
===============================
1988 FJ62 Landcruiser. Has 176 k miles. Bought 4 years ago and have put under 10,000 on it. Mechanically strong, I just drove it from Florida. Recently replaced the brake booster, alternator and the power steering gear box. Has 32" tires and good rims. Body has damage to the front fender, bumper and headlight but light still works (that's how I bought it). Has a dent on the right passenger door from a gas pump guard. Also has a cracked windshield on the passenger side. Great vehicle and I'm currently using as my daily driver. Needs some TLC and its good for another 176k. Just had a baby and the gas is hurting me. Wish I could keep. $3100. Please call 407.488.9799 w/ inquiries or email me at benitoaragon@hotmail.com.

Cracked windshield...
Dented door....
Damaged front fender,
Bumper,
busted headlight.

$3,100

"Wish I could keep."

Somehow, I think his wish is gonna come true. :D

-Mike-

Cracked windshield...
Dented door....
Damaged front fender,
Bumper,
busted headlight.

$3,100

"Wish I could keep."

Somehow, I think his wish is gonna come true. :D

-Mike-

You forgot the 176K and the fact that the only off-road modification were the 32" tires. KBB = $2350 ... in excellent condition KBB = $3205. :beer:

Last edited:
And how long did it live in Florida? That couldn't be good for the metal.

Wrangler MTR's for Sale - Five 305/70R16

Hey guys -

I've got some great tires sitting over here in my garage that somebody should be using on their truck - five Wrangler MTR's that I bought from Big O Tires. I usually buy from Discount, but they didn't have any in stock back then.

I would need to look at the receipt, but I think they are about 3 years old and IIRC they sold for about $1,100 new. They are 305/70R16 - essentially a metric 33 inch diameter with a 12 inch tread width (25.4 mm/inch - am I remembering that conversion?).

The tires are in great shape. I would guesstimate 80% tread remaining with no uneven wear. I need to go buy a tread-measuring tool to verify, but I wanted to at least get a note out here to see if anyone might be interested.

I bought these when I got my 80 a few years ago to replace some balding street tires, but then upgraded to 35's (315/75R16s) a few years later. I liked the MTR's so well, that I bought the same thing in a larger size. They are noisier on the road than a BFG AT for example, but the trade-off is the great off-road performance. The tread pattern is somewhat similar to a BFG Mud Terrain. Sidewalls are very tough - 3 ply if I recall.

The tires on currently mounted on stock 80 alloy rims (I went with OEM steelies for the 35s), but I'd like to keep the alloy rims for another set of tires down the road. However, since they're on the rims, I don't see a problem if someone wanted to "test drive" them before making a decision. I will pay (or discount the price) to cover the cost of taking the tires off the rims.

Speaking of price, I haven't thought too much about what might be reasonable. If you're interested, PM me and take a look at the tires and we'll talk. I plan on giving someone associated with HDC a great deal. If that doesn't get rid of them, then I'm on to Craigs list or something similar.

If someone with an 80 series is interested, I will also throw in a speedometer correction gear and help install it. These tires will run fine on an 80 without re-gearing, but it does throw off the speedo slightly. The speedo correction gear (Toyota part) will correct for the larger than stock tires.

This got pretty long-winded, but that's everything I can think of right now. Send me a PM if you're interested or know someone who might be.

Evan

For sale - Hoppy Trailer wire harness for Tacoma and Mini trucks

I bought this thing by accident (swapped two digits while ordering :doh:) so I can either sell it or return it. NIB, never installed. You can't beat the kits from Hopkins/Hoppy as far as plug N play goes.

Fits 1984 - 1994, Toyota Pick Up, Tacoma 1995 - 2000

Asking price is $40 or best offer. Trying to recoup part of the shipping cost :D

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u768762

Thanks.

We have a couple of 4Runners for sale - a '90 and a '99. Both are SR5's in very good condition, with BFG AT's - stock suspension, 5 speed. The engines have just been gone through. Alpines etc. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
We have a couple of 4Runners for sale - a '90 and a '99. Both are SR5's in very good condition, with BFG AT's - stock suspension, 5 speed. The engines have just been gone through. Alpines etc. PM me if interested.

What are you planning now? What are you going to pull the pop-up with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom