FOR SALE: #4 Copper wire - Great for a PUMA or extra fuse panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I have 300'+ #4 copper wire available by the foot. This is 168 count stranded, 100% copper, and highly flexible (like rope). Available in 2 color (red,black)

Priced @ $1.25 per foot (red/black) with no minimum. Shipping available

Order HERE

IMG_8807.JPG

Wiring needs for Puma

Considerations

You will be using your sill plate as a wiring raceway
You will be going through your firewall
You will be using a rear fender mounted Puma
You have an 80 series or LX450

Recommended wire lengths

From a US drivers side main battery to a US DS rear fender Puma mount 15'
From a US passenger battery Add 5' to the above
Mounting a Puma on a US passengers rear fendr Puma mount Add 5' to the above

Wiring methods

Two schools of thought
1 - Run a ground from the battery supplying power to your Puma to the frame.
Pick up the ground for your Puma off the frame
2 - Run a ground from the battery supplying power to your Puma and terminate the ground at the Puma.

We strongly suggest using either of the above methods you add a #4(min) for every battery to your frame.

Connecting the #4 to the #10 Puma wiring
We recommend using an Anderson SB50 connector with a set of #6 contact for the #4 and a set of 10/12 contacts for the Puma. Using the SB50 will provide an excellent connection and a simple fast way to disconnect the wiring from your Puma. This can also open up available power to other accessories like inverters, heater blankets, blenders, etc. This connector is available HERE for your convenience.

Fusing
We recommend using a 50A breaker over a fuse in the event you have a fault you do not need to carry extra fuses. Breaker should be mounted on the back side of your battery box to keep it as close to the battery as possible. The breaker style fuse also has a discount button making it very easy to kill the power back to the Puma.

Last edited:
Pm on the way.

Fellow East-siders...... Friday meets just aren't an option for me but I did want to pick up some of this wire from Phil.....25' each of red and black ($50 total). So, any chance someone from the east side of town is going to Friday's meet that I can coordinate a purchase/pick-up with? Preference is someone in Gilbert but beggars can't be choosers, thx for the consideration.

--t

Phil's mention of "first come, first SEVERED" is actually why I'm not personally attending :).....sounds dangerous!

I just ordered some of your wire... thanks a lot for putting this together. If you still have red and black wire that would be awesome :bounce:

I could use some red and black if you still have some. I will figure out what I need and have colt pick it up for me. I can get the same stuff through work, but they pay $1.36 a foot.

Phil's mention of "first come, first SEVERED" is actually why I'm not personally attending :).....sounds dangerous![/QUOTE]

GRAMMAR: The difference between "feeling you're nuts" and "feeling your nuts"...:)

Phil's mention of "first come, first SEVERED" is actually why I'm not personally attending :).....sounds dangerous!

GRAMMAR: The difference between "feeling you're nuts" and "feeling your nuts"...:)

Order from HERE

Last edited:
BTW, I picked up some of this wire from Phil several weeks back, great stuff. It really is easy to work with and nothing was severed during the transaction. :)

Picked up my wire over the holidays and just need some time to do the install. What kind of 70A breaker do you recommend Phil?

I have a question: so i bought a puma, and wired it up with 6 gauge wire, 30amp fuse and jumper cable clamps (for portability). After airing up my tires and kingbeelll's tires after the bulldog canyon run, I accidentally touched my hand to the cylinder head of the puma and it burned me - is it normal for it to be that hot? It worked perfectly, but do you think it was due to me using a 30amp fuse (which did not blow)?

Edit: im curious because the puma comes with 10 or 12 gauge wire.

Cylinder will get hot. I would say mine does get burning hot though.

Is is a cartridge fuse or a breaker?

Its all about voltage loss, generally the longer the wire the larger it needs to be.

The cylinder head on the Puma does get very hot due to friction. Just make sure you get air circulation and it should be fine. With mine, I open the sliding window when running.

Would this work good for making extension wire for an electric trolling motor? (Need to put batteries up front so my fat a$$ doesn't sink the boat...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom