Foot switch for driving lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A floor mounted headlight dimmer switch works great as an alternative to the usual toggle switch for driving lights, the one I'm using on my 88 Toyota pickup is from an old Ford, it's mounted in a comfortable position next to the kick panel using 5/16 self drilling sheet metal screws.

FootSwitch1.jpg

FootSwitch2.jpg

FootSwitch3.jpg

Not sure but it's off an old mid 70s ford of some kind, Rock auto list a DS70 that would do the same thing for five to ten bucks, I'd just go to the bone yard and pick one up along with the connector and wires.

Great Idea!

That's a great idea, I was talking to a friend about how I miss see switch's like that from the older vehicles.

Dang that brings back some extinct memories- thanks for reintroducing the idea

I used the same in my 80 series to activate the driving lights, worked great, mounted to the dead pedal.
The floor mount switch is stock on my 64 and 67 fj45's and other early cruisers.

What's 'old' is 'new'. Too funny!

So I have very few car memories, work on many, some very fancy ones too (as a Ergonomist/industrial designer/problem solver) but never really drove them, now I just got to a point in life when I need them and now I'm learning abut it...

But Commun sense I have and is a lot of wasted space on the left of the drivers cockpit..

Basically I'm working on a "Pressure sensitive "Gimbal" to control AUX lights, is not like I'm a helicopter pilot or a rock drummer but I have a sh%t load of miles on motorcycles and I'm pretty use to using my two feet at ones..

So the idea is that you will press on the plate to activate, (maybe safer having a toggle switch in the dash to not have some many functions (need to have constant attention and pressure) on the Gimbal) keeping up with the concept you press the gimbal pedal forward for high beams, backwards for low beams and then a "Left and right" motion to activate a certain kind of Fog or spot, depending on the location of the lights (Two sets of roof lights, three different sets on the bumper)

I show you guys soon, but that for sharing the memories my body never add..

I remember them well and for the most part handy. In some areas in Canada they could start acting up due to exposure to road salt and water brought into the cab with winter boots. Floor mats that act like a tub to hold all this common winter corruption in Canada can also foul their operation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom