Fluid heat riser picture?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanting to install a fluid heat riser on a 76' 2F with headers...wondered if anyone could take a minute to post a picture or explain where you tie into the heater line.
I don't want to route a bunch of hoses all over teh place.

thanks

Bennett

What month TT..cause I have them and do not remember seeing it.

thanks though

I did this last winter when I installed a header on my '74 F motor. Used 1/2" aluminum plate cut to the profile of the bottom of the intake, made a gasket, but you could probably use silicone...I did both. Piped from the head to the heat riser then on to the heater. Tapped the plate for 1/2" FPT and screwed a couple of 90* that were barb fittings on one end and 1/2" FPT on the other.

I tried to attach a pic...let's see how it goes.
GL
Ed
BTW that is a 2F intake, so same design as yours would be. What you see in the picture is "street" elbos, male on one end and female on the other. What I ended up using was what I described in the post...one piece brass with 1/2" FPT on one end and barb fitting on the other, saved me some room and gave me a better approach for the hoses.
FJ40 PS 015[2].jpg

Nice lookin' headers, Ed.

That's how I ran my fluid heatriser, too.

I take it these heat risers make a heck of a difference??

Bennett said:
I take it these heat risers make a heck of a difference??

Depends on where you live. If it gets below 30 degrees often, you'll notice it.

Ed, what PS box is that?

Degnol said:
I did this last winter when I installed a header on my '74 F motor. Used 1/2" aluminum plate cut to the profile of the bottom of the intake, made a gasket, but you could probably use silicone...I did both. Piped from the head to the heat riser then on to the heater. Tapped the plate for 1/2" FPT and screwed a couple of 90* that were barb fittings on one end and 1/2" FPT on the other.

I tried to attach a pic...let's see how it goes.
GL
Ed
BTW that is a 2F intake, so same design as yours would be. What you see in the picture is "street" elbos, male on one end and female on the other. What I ended up using was what I described in the post...one piece brass with 1/2" FPT on one end and barb fitting on the other, saved me some room and gave me a better approach for the hoses.

The PS box is out of an '84 minitruck, I got it from Woody. The fluid heat riser works well, but not as good as a set of mated manifolds and hot exhaust gasses. I also run a 2F aircleaner which has the flapper that can choose between heated intake air and cold air. I fashioned a warm air intake that hoseclamps to my header. I think that helps, too
mods 009.jpg

John, you have a good eye. You're definitely not one to miss something. After you pointed it out I scoped it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom