1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluid heat riser picture??

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Bennett, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Bennett

Bennett New Member

Wanting to install a fluid heat riser on a 76' 2F with headers...wondered if anyone could take a minute to post a picture or explain where you tie into the heater line.
    I don't want to route a bunch of hoses all over teh place.

thanks

Bennett
  2. brian

brian SILVER Star

TT had a write on this about 1-1.5 yrs ago, bunch of pics and a flat plan for an adpter plate. i was thinking about going this route as well.
  3. Bennett

Bennett New Member

What month TT..cause I have them and do not remember seeing it.

thanks though
  4. Degnol

Degnol SILVER Star

I did this last winter when I installed a header on my '74 F motor. Used 1/2" aluminum plate cut to the profile of the bottom of the intake, made a gasket, but you could probably use silicone...I did both. Piped from the head to the heat riser then on to the heater. Tapped the plate for 1/2" FPT and screwed a couple of 90* that were barb fittings on one end and 1/2" FPT on the other.

I tried to attach a pic...let's see how it goes.
    GL
    Ed
    BTW that is a 2F intake, so same design as yours would be. What you see in the picture is "street" elbos, male on one end and female on the other. What I ended up using was what I described in the post...one piece brass with 1/2" FPT on one end and barb fitting on the other, saved me some room and gave me a better approach for the hoses.

Attached Files:

5. IDave

IDave New Member

Nice lookin' headers, Ed.

That's how I ran my fluid heatriser, too.
  6. Bennett

Bennett New Member

I take it these heat risers make a heck of a difference??
  7. IDave

IDave New Member

Depends on where you live. If it gets below 30 degrees often, you'll notice it.
  8. Landpimp

Landpimp New Member

Ed, what PS box is that?

9. Degnol

Degnol SILVER Star

The PS box is out of an '84 minitruck, I got it from Woody. The fluid heat riser works well, but not as good as a set of mated manifolds and hot exhaust gasses. I also run a 2F aircleaner which has the flapper that can choose between heated intake air and cold air. I fashioned a warm air intake that hoseclamps to my header. I think that helps, too

Attached Files:

10. Doug_S

Doug_S New Member

John, you have a good eye. You're definitely not one to miss something. After you pointed it out I scoped it out.