Flip Window Installation Instructions and Production Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In that case, and even though it will bum Doc out, set number 2 is back up for grabs.
I'm going to have to have the custom plates for the above the taillight actuator mount laser cut so I might as well have a whole window set cut at the same time.

I worked on those a bunch today and will do the CAD work over the weekend for cutting next week.
They should be a viable option for those that want to drill a hole in their body rather than use the marker light location.

I can't afford to sit on windows so in the time being #002 is here if anyone wants.

:cheers:
KR

You usually do, and as to being nutts I resemble that statement. I am crazy as a loon and proud of it, Sir. I have not added new ventilation to the rig, yet just needed to add something tech to that post, I had to say something Ward was dissing our old rust buckets long live the 60's .

Looking forward to the set as you know, Ready when you are. Gone!!!!

Shipping the window stuff

Remind me when we do the invoice for the shipping of the flip up window frames to get Trollholes addy for delivery as I am going to have it shipped direct to him. He's going to have the beast in for another project (Poly axles and rear disc's)and he's going to put the flip windows in for me as well. I am currently only getting off like one day a week and I have to travel to the new duty station on that day. I still have not got the Tuffy mounted from the seat box install, maybe tomorrow before I have to bug out to work. This crazy schedule looks like it will continue for the next couple of months. :)

Flip up's update

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Kevin, oh and any update on the window set, I've(well actually Marshall has about sourced all the parts for the other thing he's doing for me) about got it all together to take up to Trollhole for the brakes, and I was just checking to see where we are at on the window's. :)

You too Doc!
I'll be in the garage working on stuff, just the way I like it. :p
A holiday is not a holiday without some projects to work on.

I made your window set and a new custom set of actuators, it's all here but I've been having a hard time getting enough stuff together for a batch of powder coating, things kinda slowed down again.
I've been shooting for the first week of December for your windows? For some reason I had that in my head and I'll be taking what I have for a powder coat run on Monday. Going to build a few more frames just to fill out the order and will have a few more in stock.

You too Doc!
I'll be in the garage working on stuff, just the way I like it. :p
A holiday is not a holiday without some projects to work on.

I made your window set and a new custom set of actuators, it's all here but I've been having a hard time getting enough stuff together for a batch of powder coating, things kinda slowed down again.
I've been shooting for the first week of December for your windows? For some reason I had that in my head and I'll be taking what I have for a powder coat run on Monday. Going to build a few more frames just to fill out the order and will have a few more in stock.

Well we both were working in the garage on Turkey day I finally got the Tuffy and the seat belts installed, and found and fixed a vacume leak that had been bugging me. Bolted in the back seat , it's just been sitting in there for the last three weeks. Yeah the first of december was mentioned in a thread a while back Johnny and I were going to be at the same event but looks like now I will be a no show so no rush any more. Marshall gave me the shipping addy I will PM it to you when you are ready. Just PM me I'll keep check on Mud here and of course my PM's. Have a good rest of the week. Oh and I guess Thankgiving is about beeing thankful and I am ,even if the fridge died full of frozen food and leftovers. Well hello Black Friday I will be out gettig a new Fridge. :frown:

Hey Doc (et all)
Took a little while but I have all your parts back from powder coat. I neglected to make a stop for the actuator pawl in the first version, so I had to re-think it a bit and grind some of your powder coat off (it's covered with paint now, you'll never know)

Pic:
IMG_0569.jpg

I had it in my drawing but forgot to make one in the real world, there is now a stop with a little threaded adjuster to fine tune where the knob travel comes to rest.

I made you a video as well to go over the new custom actuator setup:

Last edited:
New opener!!

Looks wonderbar, and I am looking forward to it's arrival. Hope all the past holidays went well for you and that Santa is real nice to you, cause I don't think you've been on the naughty list this year. LOL Doc:D

Turbokjell and Delancy didn't get the memo. As soon as someone GIVES Kevin a diesel 80 he will make cool s*** for it. Rite Kev? That's how the extremely amazing mr wagon gear works buy him a truck and he will build you cool s***!

They could just get a 60, long live the rust buckets: Kevin Pay Pal sent and thank you sir. Now for the slow boat from the west coast to arrive in SC. :)

Made a kitt for 80s yet? Still waiting :)
Me, too.
Want to see this come to fruition before ordering all new OE glass so I can tint consistently.
Yeah yeah. :p The 80 windows are actually in great shape, I've been being quiet about it but they are pretty much ready to go, I am just guinea-pigging the 60s right now to make sure no problems crop up and also to make sure that I can afford to make the windows at the costs I have posted.
I don't want to drop the cash into the 80 production until I'm sure everything is working right. Actually, I can't AFFORD to drop the cash in to the 80s until I make sure everything is just right. :p

There will be a new thread for those soon.

Turbokjell and Delancy didn't get the memo. As soon as someone GIVES Kevin a diesel 80 he will make cool s*** for it. Rite Kev? That's how the extremely amazing mr wagon gear works buy him a truck and he will build you cool s***!
That's not quite the case,.... but not a bad idea.
I've got a junk 80 being stored in my driveway at the moment which has been immensely helpful. Even without it being diesel, heck, it doesn't even have an engine....

They could just get a 60, long live the rust buckets: Kevin Pay Pal sent and thank you sir. Now for the slow boat from the west coast to arrive in SC. :)
It takes a special kind of crazy to make that work though doc.
Slow-boat indeed, should be in your neck of the woods early next week though!

KR

I would loooooooove to see a set for the 80. That said, I'm currently trying to talk myself out of buying a 62, if I am unsuccessful, maybe I'll snatch up window #002.

I got a package last night. Very heavy and well wrapped. It took 15 min just to unwrap everything. Everything made it in perfect shape. Quality is a thing of beauty. An amazing attention to detail. Looking forward to installing them in Docs cruiser. Until then they will proudly be displayed on the dining room table.

image-1336344787.jpg

Slow boat

I see the ship has come in to port in SC. Yip-peeeeeee!!!
Now if I can just get the beast up to Trollhole's !! Hummmmmm!!!!:) Let's see he's in the north west of the state, the beast is in the south east, and I'm working in the north east nearly in North Carolina Hummmmm! Oh well such is life. It'll work out some time.:cheers: And Thank you again Kevin for all the wonderful products for our old rust buckets. And all the medal of honer level of service you have given over the years. Now on to a bigger and better new Year!!!!:beer::beer::beer: Unless the Mayan were right and we all die on 12-21-2012:flipoff2:

That's great Marshall, good to hear they made the trip safe, that's a long haul and it's only the second set I've wrapped up to ship so there is always a learning curve on what gets abused.
I think I forgot to put Docs packing slip in the package though, had written my number on there in case you had any questions (since I'm sure you don't really want to watch an hours worth of youtube installation videos). If you run into any problems send me an email or PM and I'll get right back to you.
KR

Hay doc congratulations on the window upgrade. I think we need to collectively write to time magazine and complain about their choice for man of the year. Clearly the choice should have been kevin!
I'm heading to Peru to get to the bottom of this calendar business ill report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom