1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat belly

Discussion in 'HardCore Corner' started by trdvet, Aug 27, 2003.

1. trdvet

trdvet

For those who have done this how much did you have to lift your engine and drivetrain? Would a 2.5" BL be enough? Later

2. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    with the stock FJ40 t-case, yer looking at about 3"....Split case doesn't hang as low and makes it easier... Unfortunately, raising everything 3" plays hell with yer COG.

as important as flat is smooooooth. Mine has a dropout for the t-case area and it's VERY rare that it causes a problem. The balance of the skid is flat, and bolts up to the frame rails.

3. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

Run minitruck tcases..

With the exception of a 1.4" lump I have a perfectly flat belly pan.

4. erfworm

erfworm

any source on motor mounts when doing a drivetrain lift ???

5. woody

Media:
    IMO, you'll be happiest with custom mounts...there are no "aftermarket drivetrain lifts" out there I'm aware of.

6. FJAfrica

FJAfrica

I have lifted my engine 2", now there is only about a 1/4" of the transfer case sticking out. I am about to build a skid plate wth the dropout, but am considering building in a roller just in front of the dropout. That way, nothing should hook on the dropout, but simply run on the roller.

7. tres

tres

if any of you know of a write up on a flat bely for a 40 will you post the link?

8. woody

Media:
    tres, your only/easiest option is to clock the t-case....which brings up other issues. I'm not aware of anyone making a clocking option for the t-case...

tho....I'm considering creating something for my sm465/plate adapter....perhaps over the winter....

9. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    I've not done this, but have thought about it, someone can beat me to it, drop the drivers side, and raise the pass side, this will rotate the t case up....if Woody is right, a 1.5 inch both ways should do it, although I bet you could get by with less......another possiblilty would be to tilt the whole thing a bit then raise the rear.

Butch